Change of Computer Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change of Computer Problems

I recently just purchased a new computer & have decided to transfer my web site to the new one, but when I have exported it across none of the products or content seems to be transfering, Can anyone offer any advise please Newbie here.
    Thanks

Welcome, Paul

It may be best to tell us the steps you've use to do the export / import (and if any errors were reported). That way we'll know if you've done it wrongly or not and can move on a bit.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Re steps taken

Installed Version 8 on new computer, tried taking a snapshot backup saving it on my hard drive then droping it on a usb stick & importing it as a snapshot onto the new computer.
      All my pics are saved in a Site1 folder but when I look on New computer that folder doesnt seem to have come across.
      Thanks

Comment

Where in your disk structure is the Site1 folder on the old computer?

And where on the new computer?

Also, what are the full version numbers of Actinic on each system?

Comment

This http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=30219 thread may be worth checking.

Comment

Thankyou for the help I will have to wait until I get back to work to check my New computer, on my old one computer site 1 is in my documents. I have read the link you sent, would it make a difference my old computer is on XP & the new one on Vista?

Comment

would it make a difference my old computer is on XP & the new one on Vista
              Probably not, assuming you've set up the new to also place the Sites folder within My Documents.

Comment

Working...
              X