Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with shopping cart

Hi;

We are currently using Actinic Multi-user internally to process orders. We now want to put it the website online but for security reasons we don't allow ftp access to our windows servers. I've used the knowledge base instructions to manually generate and upload the site to one of our test servers. While most of the site seems to be working okay I'm having problems adding things to the cart. When I click on "add to cart" button I keep getting the error "Error: System Error: Unable to open content directory. No such file or directory" which seems to be coming from script ca000001.pl. I've searched the forum for answers but the only mention I can find is referring to SSL setup which we're not using at the moment. Not sure if this is to do with the order file as can't find any information on this.

We're currently on version 8.0; the server is running Windows Server 2003 SP1.
    Network settings are:
    HTTPPROXYMODE 1
    HTTPPROXYADDRESS
    HTTPPROXYPORT 80
    HTTPPROXYUSER
    HTTPPROXYPASSWORD
    FTPPROXYMODE 1
    FTPPROXYADDRESS
    FTPPROXYPORT 21
    FTPPROXYUSER
    FTPPROXYPASSWORD
    SCRIPTID 1
    SCRIPTEXT .pl
    SMTPHOST localhost
    WEBSITEURL http://*****/actinic/
    IGNOREPASSIVEERRORS true
    USERELATIVECGIURLS false
    PATHTOPERL c:\perl\bin
    USEENHANCEFTP true
    FTPCLIENTTIMEOUT 15000
    FTPRETRYDELAY 3000
    FTPSILENT false
    FTPMAXRETRIES 3
    FTPCONNECTTIMEOUT 25000
    SMTPAUTHREQUIRED false
    SMTPUSERNAME
    SMTPPASSWORD
    CATALOGURL http://*****/actinic/acatalog/
    CGIBINURL http://*****/actinic/cgi-bin/
    PATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ../acatalog/
    CODEBASE ./
    FTPHOST
    FTPUSERNAME
    FTPPASSWORD
    PATHTOCGIBIN /cgi-bin/
    USEPASSIVEFTP false
    FTPPATHFROMCGITOCATALOG

Any help would be much appreciated thanks.

Dave

I would check:

1. Are any of the cgi-bin scripts working? (view cart, search, etc)
    2. Is the cart script in the cgi-bin directory?
    3. Does the 'add to cart' button correctly link to the cart script?
    4. Permissions. The cgi-bin should be the equivalent of 755, the acatalog folder 777.

Given your focus on security, I wouldn't be surprised if the permissions settings are too strict.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

You're certainly making life difficult for yourselves. Worse to come whenever your products change and you've to jump through all the self-imposed hoops again and again.

No FTP, no chance of running the Network Test (Web / Network Setup) and getting some decent diagnostics back.

Have you manually uploaded a simple helloworld.pl to cgi-bin and managed to run it?
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks for the replys folks. I've ran a HelloWorld.pl script and that works okay. I've also checked and the ca000001.pl script is in the cgi-bin directrory. The view cart, search and store sections scripts are all working.

The current permissions for users on the directory are Modify, Read & Execute, List Folder Contents, Read and Write all set to allow.

I know that I've got a big issue with no FTP access as it would make life so much easier . Our network guys may allow us to FTP the site to a User Acceptance server but we would still need to manually deploy the files to the live server.

Dave

Comment

Actinic usually creates a couple of directories in the /acatalog/ directory. One called COM and another called DD. It might be worth checking these are both there. The DD one is relatively new and might not have been covered in the manual installation description.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Mike,

That's it working now. It was the DD directory that was missing. You're correct; I've rechecked the Knowledge base and while it mentions the COM directory there's no mention of the DD one so I've added it and we're now able to process orders.

Thanks for the help. I'm sure I'll be back as I'm still new to this whole Actinic thing

Dave

Comment

Working...
            X