Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FTP Connection Issues

Hi everyone,

A client of mine has asked me to move his Actinic hosting to a new provider and I'm encountering two issues relating to the FTP / upload settings which I cannot resolve and cannot find any other information about in the Knowledge Base or on the Community site. The site is currently hosted perfectly well on my servers and uploads without a problem, so I know this is an issue with the new server settings, I just cannot figure out the cause of the problem.

Issue 1 - I am able to FTP to the new server using FlashFTP without a problem, yet the same settings in Actinic are causing the following error: "Unable to connect to the FTP server [IP ADDRESS REMOVED] because the specified server is invalid. This could also occur if the network connection is down. The FTP session was terminated"

I cannot see a reason for this. I've triple-checked the username and password details, restarted... all the usual. Any ideas anyone?

Issue 2 - Advanced Network Setup panel appears to require the cgi-bin directory to be above the web root (eg. CGI-BIN URL: www.mydomain.com/cgi-bin/) however, the new hosting company insists that the cgi-bin folder sits outside of the web root - eg. /var/www/html/ for the catalog, /var/www/cgi-bin/ for cgi-bin. Will Actinic allow this and, if so, what do I then put in the CGI-BIN URL field?

Any advice or suggestions welcomed. At the current time, I'm wondering whether I'm going to have to request that major changes be made to the directory structure on the host server.

Many thanks,
    Simon

could you run through this post .....

http://community.actinic.com/showpos...16&postcount=1

Comment

Actually, I've made more progress since my previous post. I've tracked the connectivity issue down to the SSL FTP settings. By removing the SSL entirely the connectivity issue resolves itself and all of the files upload to the correct locations. So, I now have a working site, albeit without an SSL.

What I don't know is how to implement the SSL FTP correctly. The new hosting provider requires the SSL FTP to use a different port - port 22, rather than port 21 which I assume is what Actinic is using as a default.

Can anyone explain how to go about setting a different FTP port within the Advanced Network Settings? I tried setting a Proxy FTP up, but that wasn't working - again, it prevented me from connecting to the server at all.

Any advice welcomed, thanks.

Simon

Comment

I understand that the FTP port is fixed in Actinic. If a proxy doesn't work then your only option is new host.

Comment

Duncan - many thanks. That will indeed be the problem then.

I will report back to the new hosting provider and get it sorted hopefully.

Thanks again
          Simon

Comment

Working...
          X