changing host

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changing host

I am having to change my hosting company because I process online payments and my current hosting company's server is not PCI compliant. Once I have found a new hosting company, my question is how easy is it to swap the site from one server to another and how do I go about it??

You won't be PCI compliant on any host if you process your own payments using actinic, not without great great difficulty anyway. The forum and actinic's site is rammed full of PCI DSS chat, get yourself an urn of tea and have a good read OR take the simple and easy route, stay where you are and start using a PSP.

Comment

oh! how rediculous. thank you. I'll take a look

Comment

It's not specific to Actinic, it applies to any website that takes card details rather than passing the customer to a PSP at the end of checkout.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Securitymetrics performed a scan and my network passed. they have said that it is only my server that failed. i'll carry on reading...

Comment

If you take card details on your website and either store them on your office network, or if you access a virtul terminal for instance via an office PC, your office network will need to be scanned quarterly. I guess this is the "network" you refer to.

Also, if you take card details on your website, the server that holds your site will need to be scanned too. The office network is not that difficult to make secure, and it sounds like yours has passed already. The server is a different matter, and you would need a dedicated server to even try to be compliant. If you are on shared hosting you can pretty much forget it, hence Lee's comments.

The only sensible way forward for the great majority of shops is to use a PSP.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Thanks for all the info. I've signed up with Paypal. Just another quick question. I want to delete the creditcard payment optionin Business settings (payement and security). When i right click and go to delete row, it says "the payment method is used as default by one or more customers account and cannot be removed". How do I resolve this? Thanks

Comment

remove the customer accounts that have this method of payment set or change them to paypal or delete all your customer accounts

Comment

excellent. didn't even know there was one. you have to change it, even if you delete it. all sorted thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X