X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Error when uploading

Has anyone encounted an error like this

An Invalid Argument was encounted.

I get it on one site only and only when I go to Publish to Web, the mouse hourglass pops up and flickers a lot but that’s it, if I go to any of the pages the error message pops up and I push Ok and then nothing, I shut the whole thing down and start again

I have reloaded a previous snapshot that I know worked, still same error, I have compacted databases, still the same error.

Switched over to another site no problems, Very frustrating, any ideas please.

Sounds like your database may be corrupt.
    I'd recommend you contact Actinic support to check it out.

Comment

Uploading database problems

Dear all

I am a newbie to this site but am in desperate need of help!!

I am having problems uploading the correct database onto my website. I had no problems until fairly recently but am now getting the attached error messages ( and others) when I run an updated database. It then times out. I still have a working database one the site but it is out of date so when I get an order I may not actually have the item as my database has it marked as deleted but the website shows it in stock. Just as bad is that new stock that has been added can't be seen.

The host says he can run some tests but only if he has my whole computer and cannot give me a time guarantee as I am not a top priority - he is a one man band and only charged me to host this year - having forgotten to charge me for the last 18 months!!

Any ideas please?

thanks

Actinic Error.pdf

Comment

Try compacting the database.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

You're not trying to upload the .mdb file on its own are you? You should be publishing to web.
          First though, try compacting the offline database (Housekeeping - Compact Databases). Then try uploading ("Publish to Web") again.
          If that doesn't work, try refreshing the website (Web - Refresh Website).
          Post any network errors you receive with passwords removed.
          And read the sticky at the top of this forum section

Edit

Ah. Just seen you have Catalog Client. Not sure how much of the above you can achieve with that version. You may need to contact the person who designed the website for you.
          Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Working...
          X