Purge and refresh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purge and refresh

Would a 'purge and refresh' affect orders not yet downloaded? I have a cgi error and have been told to do this. I don't really want to suspend ordering first.

Download the orders first and then purge and refresh?

Comment

I wouldn't expect it to but to be safe FTP to the site and copy (backup) files in the acatalog directory with .ord extension.

Comment

Thanks for replies, but let me re-phrase.

I would of course download the orders first, but in the time it takes to purge and refresh new orders would have been placed.

Comment

Then you will need to take a chance or suspend.

Why do you need to purge - what is the cgi error?

Comment

If you didn't want to suspend orders, you could do your purge at a time that you don't get any orders, late a night for instance.

Army Gore-tex
            Winter Climbing Mitts
            webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
            Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
              Then you will need to take a chance or suspend.

Why do you need to purge - what is the cgi error?
              I upgraded my site a few weeks ago and get a 502 bad gateway error on upload. I have been ignoring it since the site seemed to be working ok but i've noticed faults creeping in now on some products.

Actinic support suggested a purge and refresh.

I guess i'll take a chance and uploaded over night. It will take several hours based on my last refresh, hence my original question.

If I suspend before hand, upload, purge and refresh, upload, un-suspend, upload I'm looking at an all-nighter and would certainly loose some sales - plus I would like some sleep!

Comment

Well, since upgrading to V9 a few months ago I have certainly made use of my Actinic cover subscription. I want to thank Neil at support for being patient with me yesterday as something went wrong with my CGI scripts on Friday afternoon preventing anyone ordering on my site.

With sage pay going down last week, and now this I feel rather vulnerable. If we couldn’t have fixed the problem it is likely we would have been down all weekend. I need to take some time out, sit down and seriously think about what contingencies I can put in place. It would be nice if there was an out of hours support number. Or some sort of contract extension that could cover weekends.

To summarize, I have been having a Bad Gateway error for a while on upload, although it didn’t seem to be affecting anything so I carried on as normal. Then something unknown happened Friday afternoon to stop it working completely. People started calling us to say they couldn’t add to basket. I tried a refresh and suddenly I was getting ‘invalid path to the cgi bin’ errors. I could connect through my FTP program, browse the folders, everything seemed ok. The solution was actually really simple, but I have no explanation. After trying various things with Neil, the last resort at 5.00pm was to refresh from a different computer. It worked perfectly.

Except there is no explanation why the master computer no longer works and why the web site stop working. They are the same computers, using the same router, same operating system. It is not a firewall issue on the PC, because they were all switched off. Anti virus switched off. No new programs installed. Same network settings. Our host had not touched the server that day. Weird.

Previous to changing computers I tried everything I could find to do with this error, include a full purge and refresh last week. Purge and refresh was successful, but the same error persisted.

When I figure out why I will post it on here in case it helps anyone else.

Comment

what OS is your operating system running, the last months worth of ms updates have killed some of my systems

Comment

Working...
                  X