Perl scripts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perl scripts

Sorry if this is in the wrong part of the board - couldn't see where else to put it. A general question of principle: if one uploads from an "old" snaphost to set a site up on a new host where the architecture is different to the previous host, is it going to be neccesary to rewrite the Perl scripts in the cgi-bin folder?

If so, any tips on which ones and how would be appreciated.

If not, whew!

If you do a web > refresh website, it will always send ALL files required for the site to function.

Comment

Hi Lee - yes, I've been refreshing quite frequently lately. But my concern is that the Perl files have content from the old site, which might not work in the new site's architecture? Is this possible, or does site architecture not affect Perls as long as the cgi-bin is addressed properly?

Comment

You seem to be implying that they take care of themselves on refreshes, which is a relief. I'm not sure if any of the old ones were customised, my concern is simply whether "old" scripts would have any malfunctions on the new site.

Comment

Getting the network settings right is the big thing I'm struggling with! But thanks for the reassurance about the Perls

Comment

Working...
          X