Editing in Dreamweaver and Fireworks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editing in Dreamweaver and Fireworks

Hi, I am fairly new to actinic but have two questions. Firstly I have a design that I have created in Dreamweaver. I know I need to put it into the Act_Primary Template but I get easily confused by all the code and I am not entirely sure where I am meant to put it. Is this the best way to do it or is there some other way. Also I read in the Advanced User Guide that you can use Fireworks to design some of the website but again don't really know how to get it into Actinic.
    Thanks

..Be afraid.. Be very afraid...

I tell you something it is very difficult IMHO. The thing with the advanced guide, it literally is that - it seems to think you are a capable web designer in the first place and skips a lot of the basics that you need to know. I got some help off of a guy on this forum and very helpful he was. I have now got a basic template instead of the stock thing Actinic supply and I'm pleased with the overall look, but now I need to update all the other related html files, which is very time consuming.

I have used both Fireworks and Dreamweaver. Produce the basic design in Fireworks, and slice it up into segments and export it with a html file. Open the html file into Dreamweaver and then add the variables Actinic requires, and the buttons etc. Save it as Act_Primary.html and copy that and the related files into your site1 folder. Preview it via Actinic and see what it looks like. It's very much trial and error mate, and I wish you luck. That's more or less what I have done but it has taken me the best part of two days just to get the look I want.

Comment

the best part of two days just to get the look I want.
      if it took you just 2 days you've done well!!

Comment

hehe.. That's probably 40 hours all in all, just for the template. I now need to change the product layout so that I can get three per row instead of the obligatory one. Hmmm...

Comment

I now need to change the product layout so that I can get three per row instead of the obligatory one. Hmmm...
          There is a solution in the knowledge base for this HERE.

Also a good introduction for design with Actinic can be found in the 'Designing with Actinic Developer' guide (see the link in my signature).

Comment

Working...
          X