Actinic V7 and Easyspace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic V7 and Easyspace

Hi - trying to upload (for the first time) a site and within Actinic I get .....
    Unable to move to the cgi-bin directory "ftp.celtic-fringe.co.uk/cgi-bin/www/" on the FTP server.
    The specified directory does not exist or you do not have access to the directory.

Easyspace said to use the 'www' and I have tried it before the 'cgi-bin', after it and without it.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Steve

I've moved your thread into the upload and server problems forum, if you take a look at the sticky in there, it will tell you the info we need to help solve any issues. Post that info back and one of us is sure to jump in and help.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
      I've moved your thread into the upload and server problems forum, if you take a look at the sticky in there, it will tell you the info we need to help solve any issues. Post that info back and one of us is sure to jump in and help.
      Thanks.

Steve - I'll re-post it in this section shall I??

Comment

No just add it into here, i've already moved it for you.

Comment

Actinic upload to Easyspace

Hi - trying to upload (for the first time) a site and within Actinic I get .....
          Unable to move to the cgi-bin directory "ftp.celtic-fringe.co.uk/cgi-bin/www/" on the FTP server.
          The specified directory does not exist or you do not have access to the directory.

Easyspace said to use the 'www' and I have tried it before the 'cgi-bin', after it and without it.

Steve

Comment

You need to read the 'sticky' post at the top of this forum section and post the info that's asked for.

Here's a direct link in case you're not sure what we're talking about. http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=45650

Mike
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Sorry - I'm not really used to this site - where is a 'sticky' please??

Steve

Comment

When you enter a forum, they're the threads that are 'stuck' at the top, they usually hold useful information, instructions or guidance, always worth reading when you enter a specific forum. Here's the forum - http://community.actinic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

All you've currently done is repeat the info you provided first up, we need further info, the sticky lists out what you need to provide etc.

Comment

Originally posted by highbridgesb View Post

Steve
                  What easyspace mean is change

ftp.celtic-fringe.co.uk/cgi-bin/www/

To

www.celtic-fringe.co.uk/cgi-bin/

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook View Post
                    What easyspace mean is change

ftp.celtic-fringe.co.uk/cgi-bin/www/

To

www.celtic-fringe.co.uk/cgi-bin/
                    I have attached/uploaded a screen shot from Actinic 7 for your interest.
                    When trying to upload to Easyspace, the latest error I have is ........
                    Wizard received an error while verifying the webserver. Error sending request.

I cannot upload the site.

Do the settings look right to you? Particularly cgi-bin - which gave me problems before.

Steve
                    Attached Files

Comment

Where the field says 'leave blank unless advised' have you been told to fill this out, if not have you tried leaving it blank?

Comment

You also need fill out the website URL field. Your catalog URL does not have acatalog in it either.

Comment

If you use the google search facility on the forum and search for something like 'easyspace network settings', you'll be presented with previous threads on the subject. Use those results as the basis for your starting point, yours seem to be missing some of the fundamental settings, so i'm not surprised they will not work at this stage. Get them to the same stage that the search result threads show you, then try and then report back.

Comment

Why do you have 'actinic host mode' at the top too? you're using easyspace not actinic, again probably something not right in the setup.

You really want to learn how to export your settings, it only takes 30 seconds and is incredibly easy. Click on export, navigate on your PC to a place where you know how to locate to save the file (desktop is a good idea as easy), call the file network-settings.txt, OK it and you're done.

Using notepad you can then either open the file to paste in the settings to here OR simply attach the notepad file.

An image only shows part of the settings, there are other settings behind the buttons you see on the right hand side of the window. ONLY an export will give us them all, when you complete your search on previous threads (there are lots of them as easyspace has been mentioned many times) you will see how people show us their settings, you just need to copy what they do.

Comment

Why do you have 'actinic host mode' at the top too? you're using easyspace not actinic, again probably something not right in the setup.

You really want to learn how to export your settings, it only takes 30 seconds and is incredibly easy. Click on export, navigate on your PC to a place where you know how to locate to save the file (desktop is a good idea as easy), call the file network-settings.txt, OK it and you're done.

Using notepad you can then either open the file to paste in the settings to here OR simply attach the notepad file.

An image only shows part of the settings, there are other settings behind the buttons you see on the right hand side of the window. ONLY an export will give us them all, when you complete your search on previous threads (there are lots of them as easyspace has been mentioned many times) you will see how people show us their settings, you just need to copy what they do.
                              Thanks

I have previously done what you suggest - but didn't print the right screen (idiot!). I also have done the 'convert' before but get 'funnies'.

I will do the export as you say and go through the routine again.

Regards

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X