Bizarre SMTP problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mike

Really appreciate your help by the way....

All works fine in Outlook, can send and receive emails to and from sales@fordcarmats.com, using the same server settings, username and password

If there is no way to get this to work, any idea how I can use the sales@mycarmats.co.uk email address for the site fordcarmats.com? When I input the settings, despite the fact that they work fine on mycarmats.co.uk, it produces errors as soon as I point the ftp and other URLs at fordcarmats.com instead of mycarmats.co.uk
    Custom tailored car mats for all makes and models

Comment

I'm a bit stumped for an answer on this one.

Usually smtp is fairly logical. Point at the right smtp server, use the correct username and password, make sure Actinic has an on-domain email address and bob's your uncle.

Last thought (another one). I think when looking around I saw that UK2 were using Cpanel. I haven't used cpanel in a few years, but have you set up the email address you're using as an email account in cpanel? It may be that the smtp server needs an email account to be created before it'll accept outgoing emails.

Although logically, this shouldn't be the problem as you can send emails using that account from outlook so it should be OK.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Well by all intense purposes your site fordcarmats.com should work if all the settings and the server are set up correctly and if you say that you have mulitple sites running on the business application then that install must be OK.

Just to clarify, you have tried localhost with and without auth?

I would try all the settings you already have for server and ftp and try 216.40.42.4 as the SMTP Host and see if that works by running the test with and without auth.

Comment

Working...
        X