Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yahoo or Hotmail emails bouncing back: Actinic Hosting

Hi folks
    I wonder if anybody can shed any light on a problem my client is having with their emails to customers.

They are hosted with Actinic and really seem to be struggling to send emails to hotmail or yahoo addressees, not all bounce back but a lot do and the proportion seems to be growing.

The most common message on bounceback seems to be:
    Code:
    553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)
    It's not that the address is invalid because I can send to them using my own personal email (on another server), it's just when using the Actinic SMTP that it fails.

This isn't just the Actinic generated emails by the way, it happens on desktop 'Outlook 2007' generated emails as well...

I will ring Actinic on Monday but I wondered if anyone had experience of a similar problem?
    The Pretty Dress Company

If you google the error message you will find several suggested solutions. It looks to me as if outlook isn't configured properly rather than a hosting issue

Comment

Hi Pinbrook,
      I thought that too but the same happens if I use webmail to send to a bounced back address-again, if I use my personal email address to send the mail it all works. The fact that this only happens to Yahoo or Hotmail addresses is what puzzles me.

Some of the Google results suggest it may be a domain issue at the other end (although obviously there is no traditional domain associated with a Hotmail address) so maybe there is some server setting that needs looking at.

Another Google result suggests it may be an ISP issue....

I will speak to Actinic tomorrow anyway
      The Pretty Dress Company

Comment

Working...
      X