Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Site takes up to an hour to upload, sometimes longer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site takes up to an hour to upload, sometimes longer?

I am trying to upload my website but when it gets to Checking HTML Pages it seems top stop, i have tried it about 40 times in the last hour but the same thing keeps happening.

I know all my network settings are correct as I uploaded with the same settings this morning.

Try compacting the database and then try again
    Chris Ashdown

Comment

what is the cause of the upload crashing out all the time when it is checking html pages? eventually the upload goes through but takes many tries.

Comment

Do you regularly compact the database?

I suggest you contact support and ask them to check your database.

Comment

When you've some spare time, try doing a full Preview. If that takes an inordinate time too, then the problem isn't at your server or its internet connection. Doesn't solve anything directly but reduces the areas needing investigating.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Uploading problems

We have a reseller account with Webfusion to host the site and it periodically slows down on uploading. I find shouting at Webfusion an effective remedy!! It usually turns out that they are either tinkering with the server or it is reaching maximum capacity and they are waiting until someone starts complaining before they do anything about it.

Grant

Comment

many times i have the "not Responding" appear but actinic is actually toiling away doing what ever it does and it springs back to life for a few mins then back to not responding.

Have you actually left it or do you cancel or close actinic?

Comment

Working...
              X