1 and 1 Customers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 and 1 Customers

Check your sites are up. Ours are down. Phone lines to 1and1 are engaged so likely it's not just us.
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Thanks for the heads up. Mine seem to be OK.

Maybe it's fixed by now or server specific?

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Isn't just me:

http://twitter.com/#!/search/%221and1%22
      Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

All of ours are down since about 1.30pm
        Paul
        Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Can't ftp

Our site is still up at present, but cannot ftp to site - can't update website. Applies to all our sites with 1 & 1.

Sarah

Comment

Main Snorestore site is literally just back up now. Down on monitoring for 2 hrs 10 mins

Comment

If it was only 2 hours 10 minutes in one year it still gives them a 99.975% uptime. I think they quote 99.9% uptime (IIRC) which corresponds to about 8 hours and 45 minutes down in a year.

The issue with 1and1 is that their customer communication is terrible. Their hosting however is generally good.

Comment

Without Facebook and Twitter I suspect that many people would still be on hold on the 1and1 lines. The power of social media strikes again.

Comment

Their tweets are saying it was a faulty root server configuration that affected dedicated and VPS servers.

Apparently shared servers were OK which explains why mine were still working.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

The servers were down in June as well. Again, not for long, and I accept that 1and1's record is pretty good. But their customer service is possibly the worst in the sector.

Comment

And pfft! There goes the server again ...

Comment

The company's own website appears to be working properly and no information has been posted there informing customers about the outage

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/09...server_outage/

Wondered why the phone had stopped ringing.....
                        www.devotedly-discus.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by guccij View Post
                          The servers were down in June as well. Again, not for long, and I accept that 1and1's record is pretty good. But their customer service is possibly the worst in the sector.
                          And earlier this year, biggest problem with 1and11 is they fail to tell the whole story, today they are trying to make out it doesn't affect shared hosts, the truth was shared hosts sites were up but no control panel and no ftp for all my shared hosting. Must get my new VPS server organised.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
                          SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
                          Custom Packages

Comment

I feel your pain with 1&1, when their servers go down very often merchants first reaction is to call us, our phone lines light up almost too often with their problems!

Just a reminder, if you are an Actinic cover customer you can contact us for free emergency hosting. If anyone affected by this downtime wants to talk to us about moving to our hosting please get in touch. We have some pretty good offers on at the moment, we are monitored 247, include telephone support and our availability stats speak for themselves.
                            Benjamin Dyer
                            CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Rounding View Post
                              Without Facebook and Twitter I suspect that many people would still be on hold on the 1and1 lines. The power of social media strikes again.
                              Thanks Duncan - just found their facebook page so should be kept up to speed - don't know why I didn't think of it before!
                              Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

Comment

Working...
                              X