Network Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Network Settings

I have redesigned a site in Actinic 10.0.4LDZA. I setup the network settings and did a test using the test facility within Actinic Network setting. The test showed settings were correct but a refresh upload with the new site to the test server would not complete due to Actinic not being able to change folder permissions.
    I'm not sure why this was as the public_html folder was set to 750 and subfolders 755.
    I asked Actinic to publish to web and the site upload went without missing a beat.
    This remained stable for 3 days while I was adding new product images but then I started to get upload problems so checked the settings and did a test, this is the error message I'm getting now when testing the settings:

An error occurred while checking the FTP transfer mode - 200 TYPE is now ASCII
    500 I won't open a connection to 127.0.0.1 (only to 80.4.22.246)
    500 Unknown command
    Please try ticking the 'Use Passive FTP Transfers' box in the 'Network Setup' screen if it is un-ticked or un-tick it if it is ticked.

I have tried un-ticking the Use passive ftp and also contacting my server help desk.

I have checked my IP and it is 80.4.22.246

My Filezilla ftp software sends files/folders no problem at all.
    I have tried restarting my pc numerous times and also compacting the database.

It is doing me in a bit, I've got so much work to do and this is a bit of a time consuming problem that I could do without.

Can somebody offer some advise?

Just to update, I have created another site and brought in a snapshot from when the site was uploading but I'm still having the same problem.

Comment

I think you'll have to post your network settings themselves (minus usernames/passwords) so someone can take a look.
      If it's trying to connect to 127.0.0.1, it looks like someone has changed your hosts files or network settings because I think (although I am no expert) that looks like a localhost IP or something.

What are your network settings?
      Is it locally hosted? Or on the web? Who is your host?
      Tracey

Comment

I'm hosted on the web, the ftp settings were working fine but now the ftp process seems blocked.
        Here's my settings:
        HTTPPROXYMODE 0
        HTTPPROXYADDRESS
        HTTPPROXYPORT 80
        HTTPPROXYUSER
        HTTPPROXYPASSWORD
        FTPPROXYMODE 0
        FTPPROXYADDRESS
        FTPPROXYPORT 21
        FTPPROXYUSER
        FTPPROXYPASSWORD
        SCRIPTID 1
        SCRIPTEXT .pl
        SMTPHOST localhost
        WEBSITEURL http://www.surfslaves.com
        IGNOREPASSIVEERRORS true
        USERELATIVECGIURLS false
        PATHTOPERL /usr/bin/perl
        USEENHANCEFTP true
        FTPCLIENTTIMEOUT 15000
        FTPRETRYDELAY 3000
        FTPKEEPALIVEINTERVAL 30000
        FTPSILENT false
        FTPMAXRETRIES 3
        FTPCONNECTTIMEOUT 25000
        SMTPAUTHREQUIRED false
        SMTPUSERNAME
        SMTPPASSWORD
        COMPRESSIONPACKETSIZE 1024
        COMPRESSEDUPLOAD true
        CATALOGURL http://www.surfslaves.com/acatalog/
        ONLINESTOREFOLDERNAME acatalog
        CGIBINURL http://www.surfslaves.com/cgi-bin/
        PATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ../acatalog/
        CODEBASE ./
        FTPHOST ftp.surfslaves.com
        FTPUSERNAME ***
        FTPPASSWORD ***
        PATHTOCGIBIN /public_html/cgi-bin/
        USEPASSIVEFTP false
        FTPPATHFROMCGITOCATALOG

Comment

Presuming your network tests still fail, it's possible your hosts have blocked your IP, maybe? (although I know you said FTP-ing directly works ok)
          Mine, yonks and many hosts ago, used to block mine when I accessed/checked for emails too regularly (outlook was set to check every 1 minute or something)
          I could upload from home (different IP, obviously) and emails would work in the office but I couldn't upload Actinic. I could download orders though.
          It's just a thought anyway (I don't recognise the specific error you're getting but, like I said, I'm no expert in that area
          Tracey

Comment

Hosting company have come back to tell me it's something network related on my pc and to change pc's If only I had time for all this.

Comment

Something has definatley gone wrong within Actinic V10 on my machine. I have V8 running my live store to the same server (VPS) and there are no problems.

I have just also tried uploading V10 to a different test server account and I get the same error.

What could have changed?

Comment

127.0.0.1 is definitely localhost, it's an ip address reserved for a server hosted on your own computer.

I notice there's nothing in the settings you have listed for SERVERHOST (in the ftp settings) this should have the IP address of your website.
                Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
                www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Hi Steve,
                  Server host is set to ftp.surfslaves.com
                  I have been on the phone to my hosting company and we have been going through the settings, they are all fine.

Very embarrassing and huge waste of time. I'm getting out for some fresh air this is driving me nuts.

Comment

I presume no one has been messing with your HOSTS file?
                    Have you tried using a different computer? (easier said than done, I know)
                    Tracey

Comment

This is all very weird.

I agree with Tracey, this bit:

500 I won't open a connection to 127.0.0.1 (only to 80.4.22.246)
                      is odd because 127.0.0.1 is the standard IP address for a local loopback test (i.e. on your local network)

and 80.4.22.246 takes me to a netgear stora portal page (https://www.mystora.com/?hipname=astle ?)

You haven't allowed your router to mess about with your hosts file to allow
                      offsite storage have you?

Or has anyone been testing the website locally on the PC and maybe changed the Hosts file?

Or maybe your firewall is blokking specific programs. Does V10 need to be given specific access rights to ft/ internet?

Mike
                      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

No, only I have access to the new site, I've just been adding new resized images to the existing products.

Going to go for a walk to clear my head, will sit down this evening and transfer the site to an old laptop (which needs reformatting first) the joy of having two young kids and no time to keep on top of the IT side of things. I need to do a job to do a job.

Yep, I need some fresh air.

Comment

A google search for that error seems to suggest that the error is coming from the ftp server at the web host. Using Passive mode seems to have solved some of these but beyond that it's not area I know much about.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Problem solved.

I reinstalled Actinic over the top of my V10 sites then brought in my exported ftp settings, it worked fine. I then brought in my recent snapshot and then a backup database from when there was a problem and it still worked.

Tracey you must have been right, what is a host file? A file somewhere must have been corrupted.

Comment

Well the ftp test within Actinic's ftp settings gave a good result but when I upload I keep getting this error:

An FTP error occurred: -
                              Request: ->Opening connection to ftp.surfslaves.com on port 21
                              Error: The operation timed out

I'm just going to try setting the host server setting as an IP address instead of ftp.surfslaves.com

I'll keep the post updated.

Comment

Working...
                              X