Cannot upload site, download orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot upload site, download orders

Hi - Not being able to upload our site fully as it kept hanging and freezing we attempted a purge and refresh, only checking the delete cat and fil box. This hung too. After rebooting to get actinic started again we can no longer purge and refresh (after checking the aforementioned box and then 'purge and refresh', rather than starting the process it just takes us back to the main troubleshooting page. We also cannot upload the site or download orders. It would also not let us import or export but it will now, seemingly since we deleted hundreds of old orders to reduce the size of info on the site. I must point out we have a multi site and none of the other sites using the same system are affected by this.

Any ideas would be gratefully received with thanks, Ben.

If it is any help i just exported the site and though it completed, i did get a box that said 'the parameters are incorrect' which could not be clicked away so i had to reboot.

Comment

Have you compacted the database since deleting the orders?

Also if you have MS Access you could try a database repair.

Backup the database first.

Comment

Hello again. Many thanks for your swift reply. I have compacted the database but have not tried a database repair in MS Access. I have searched how to do this and located and opened the correct mdb file but the instructions i found on the forum said to click on the MS icon which i did but i do not see a repair option. Am i looking in the right place? Does it depend what accesss version i have?

Comment

I have found out how to compact and repair the catalog database and so i carried it out .... i think. I say 'i think' becuase Is it supposed to take very long as it seems instantaneous. I have the catalog open in access, click tools, database utilities, compact and repair and then a box comes up telling me it is opening the catalog. It reopens and i am back where i started. Round and round i go! I have reopened actinic but my original problems still persist. Is there anything else i can try?

Comment

Working...
          X