Using Google apps for your emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Google apps for your emails

Does anyone else here use Google Apps for their email?

I'm having problems with the email to inform the store owner that there is an order to download. It just wont send! All other emails send and receive ok.

I've set-up all the usual mx entries on the 123reg account, and changed the email routing to Remote Mail Exchanger with ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM as the highest priority on the hosting. I've even setup a SPF record.

The really strange thing is that it did work, then it stopped, then it did again once this morning, and now it's stopped again.

Part from banging my head against the wall until I pass out I'm lost to what else to do.

Any suggestions guys?

P.S. Yes I have checked the junk folder, and the hosts are saying it is sending judging by the logs.
    "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Perhaps add a copy to address in the business settings.

Comment

Sorry Duncan, what do you mean by copy?

Comment

Oh and the contact form works fine BTW

Comment

You do know it's only sent once after each order download don't you? Then it's not sent again until the next time orders are dowloaded.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
            You do know it's only sent once after each order download don't you? Then it's not sent again until the next time orders are dowloaded.

Mike
            OMG!! really.................

Comment

LOL Paul, it's why putting your email address into the email copies facility (in business settings) as you get a copy of the email each customer gets. Mike's right though only once after first order and not again until you've downloaded.

I think the thought is we've told you there is one order, are you going to leave it there rotting until you get another, why tell you again.

Comment

Yea, totally know what is meant by being copied in on the emails now.

I feel like a right plonker.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunkford View Post
                  Does anyone else here use Google Apps for their email?

I'm having problems with the email to inform the store owner that there is an order to download. It just wont send! All other emails send and receive ok.

I've set-up all the usual mx entries on the 123reg account, and changed the email routing to Remote Mail Exchanger with ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM as the highest priority on the hosting. I've even setup a SPF record.

The really strange thing is that it did work, then it stopped, then it did again once this morning, and now it's stopped again.

Part from banging my head against the wall until I pass out I'm lost to what else to do.

Any suggestions guys?

P.S. Yes I have checked the junk folder, and the hosts are saying it is sending judging by the logs.
                  I've just moved someone across to google Apps too! What did you put in Actinic, in the network setup box for email ie SMTP, email, password, authentication?

Comment

Hey Jo,
                    I'm using the hosting providers SMTP server (localhost) to send the emails out as you can't use Google's SMTP in actinic as you need to specify a port number and use SSL.
                    Because of this setup there is a problem with the site sending emails back on its self.
                    To get round it you need to login to the server (e.g. cpanel) and change the "MX entry" records for the domain in question to use "Remote Mail Exchanger".

Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
                    X