No announcement yet.

Can't find cgi-bin URL...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never found the network wizard much use.

I'd clear this setting, as it's rarely needed:

FTPPATHFROMCGITOCATALOG /public_html/acatalog/
    and then run a network test.

Mike

PS. When you ftp into the site, the account is taking you directly into the root space for that domain isn't it? It's not a sub-domain of another account is it?
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Rounding View Post
      Is this correct?:
      SCRIPTID 31234
      I saw that too Duncan but decided not to mention it because the OP was so rude.
      Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
        I've never found the network wizard much use.

I'd clear this setting, as it's rarely needed:

and then run a network test.

Mike

PS. When you ftp into the site, the account is taking you directly into the root space for that domain isn't it? It's not a sub-domain of another account is it?
        Not a sub domain of another account mike.

I removed the stated and this is the message I get:

Code:
        The web server returned error code 404 - Requested URL not found.  This means Actinic can not execute the CGI scripts on your web site.  Run Web | Configure Web Site Details... to check the web setup.
        And when I use the web setup it tells me that it can not find the cgi-bin URL.

EDIT: New message

Unable to move to the online store folder "../public_html/" on the FTP server possibly due to a mistake in the Path from CGI-BIN to Online Store Folder field.
        The specified directory does not exist or you do not have access to the directory

Comment

Just did a publish to web rather than refresh.... and it now works...

Comment

Glad to see it's working. Can't say I understand why but usually it's just a case of entering the right settings and publishing.

The actual url is usually a help as often problems like this are due to things that can be seen with a little look around. In this case it seems to be sorted (or half way anyway). The ability to do a refresh is important so it's worth checking everything is now working.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
            X