Btinternet rejecting sellerdeck order emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Btinternet rejecting sellerdeck order emails

Support are helping with this but I wonder if anybody else has this issue.
    All order emails sent via sellerdeck are being rejected as spam by customers with btinternet email addresses and its causing a lot of problems!

Thanks Ed
    https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Who is the web host?
    Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
    SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
    Based in rural Northants

Comment

Yes, we're getting the same thing happen.

Comment

And are you referring to order confirmation emails; email sent from within Sellerdeck, or both?
        Based in rural Northants

Comment

Sellerdeck is the host and all emails from Sellerdeck orders, confirmation, shipped ect.
          Sorry to hear I'm not the only one but also relieved!.
          I have added SPF to the DNS but it didn't help.
          I go through host004 on sellerdeck, I wonder if its the same jbheaven?

Comment

I found recently (just a week or two ago) that the IP address sendgrid were using for my sellerdeck emails was temporarily blacklisted and all my sellerdeck emails were being delayed / blocked. The problem seems to be over now, and hopefully the move to the API key will stop this in the future.

It was quite impressive to be able to log into their system and see what was happening and how many times the system was retrying to get the emails delivered. There's definitely an advantage in using an email service provider in terms of just being able to see what's happening with the emails when things go wrong and with the importance they place on getting those emails delivered.
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I've investigated this with my sites because I'm aware that SD generated emails are not getting through. It seems that it is almost exclusively btinternet email addresses that cannot receive them. These are hosted on 20i
              Based in rural Northants

Comment

BT and their other providers such as talk21

Comment

We are getting the same thing, Btinternet seems to be the problem. Everyone else seems to be okay. We have spf but not dmarc. Am wondering if it is the phrase structure in the subject that is the problem? We don't host with sellerdeck but it is dedicated server. Probably going on for some weeks now, obviously causing some customers problems at this time of year.

Comment

I don't know if this is a BT problem or something else.

Looking at my recent emails in sendgrid and a test email I sent to my home BTinternet email address I get this reponse after they tried to deliver 4 times:.

The btinternet.co.uk server blocked this message from being delivered. While we won't try to send this message again, we will attempt to send new messages to this address in the future.

You can view all addresses in your Blocks suppression group. Learn More.

Full response from the btinternet.co.uk server:

unable to get mx info: failed to get IPs from PTR record: lookup <nil>: unrecognized address
                    My emails via sendgrid are also being blocked by my email accounts on 1and1 which is quite ironic as that's where they're originating from. This time it's the blacklisted IP again.

The BT problem might be a general thing going on.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Same problem. Looking in Sendgrid it seems lots of emails are being blocked by Spamhaus. The blocked IP belongs to Sendgrid. An example:
                      550 5.7.1 Service unavailable, Client host [167.89.100.227] blocked using Spamhaus. To request removal from this list see https://www.spamhaus.org/query/ip/167.89.100.227 (AS3130). [BN7NAM10FT009.eop-nam10.prod.protection.outlook.com]

Looking at the block list it involves mac.com hotmail, btinternet, gmail, icloud and more - all the providers
                      Kind Regards
                      Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

Working...
                      X