Anyone using BitVise to upload FTP to SSH Server with public private keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone using BitVise to upload FTP to SSH Server with public private keys

Hi, I am moving to a faster Linux http2 server with a one-year contract starting now. The access to the server is via SSH public and private keys, which I have managed to access using PuTTY and FileZilla, I have also managed to connect Dreamweaver editing suite by using a converted OpenSSH key from PuTTY gen converter.
    I am now up to the point where I want to transfer my Sellerdeck sites across and found through the forum the articles containing BitVise bridge. I have entered all the settings and managed to connect using BitVise and now up to the bridge part.
    Does anyone use BitVise bridge for Sellerdeck Plus multiple websites? Thanks

If you are wanting to stay with Sellerdeck but find the lack of security a problem then it is entirely possible to do so.
    It seems very easy to use Bitvise as a bridge to take your standard FTP login to a very secure SSH login.
    Start up Bitvise and login using your public and private keys, username and password.
    Bitvise listens out on port 127.0.0.1 so all you need to do is change your FTP Details > Server host to 127.0.0.1 and the bridge is made.
    Your FTP password will be the PuTTY private key password.
    Publish to web as normal.

For testing, I made an export of my network settings first, to save the original settings into the site folder.
    I then made a snapshot of the website and created a new site and added the new snapshot to it so I had a duplicate site for testing.

Comment

Working...
    X