Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Done but with errors on page message

Hi People.

I am currently evaluating the software and have built my store with it. When I click the button to build the store and preview it it works fine.

However in the bottom left of my browser it shows a triangle and at the side it states

Done but with errors on the page.

Please could you tell me what all this is about?
    Regards
    V1nceG

This is a javascript message. It means that there is some java code in your page that will not work. If the page has loaded fine but one of the buttons does nothing then this will be the problem. The buttons that rely on javascript are the Add-to-cart and More-info buttons.

I have had this error message on occasion if I have forgotten to add the javascript files to the page, or deleted by accident - in the <head> section, the lines:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="actiniccore.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="actinicextras.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>

because the popup window routine and the add to cart routines are held in these files. And probably quite a few other routines that I don't know about!

Hope that helps.

Josie
    Josie Henley-Einion
    Collectors Supplies
    http://www.csbooks.co.uk

Comment

All I have done is build the site with the software. I can upload my site if anyone wants to take a look.

I'm not happy, I have taken a long time to build the site and as you can see from my other posts that I am on the point of purchase, but if it won't work?? It could of course be just me and the fact that I'm stupid
      Regards
      V1nceG

Comment

I get the done but with errors on the page message on every page with products in it and the main catalogue introduction page too.
        Regards
        V1nceG

Comment

I can only guess that it's something to do with a faulty javascript - I'd have to look at the source to be able to deduce what. Could you post your page source as a text file?

I'm not an expert though - you may get a better answer from one of the developers.
          Josie Henley-Einion
          Collectors Supplies
          http://www.csbooks.co.uk

Comment

Here Goes....

No I can't.... it says that it is too long. I'll upload everything that the software has built which will be at

http://www.left-handed.com/site1
            Regards
            V1nceG

Comment

If you want some decent diagnostics on these errors then view your page in a recent version of Netscape. It has MUCH better error reporting than IE.

In Netscape do Tools / Web Development / JavaScript Console.

When an error pops up in that console you can click the message and Netscape opens a source code view with the error line highlighted.

Norman
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
              X