Am I being blocked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I being blocked?

I've just re-installed SD 16.03 on a new hard drive and it fails the "TEST", saying I don't have CGI permissions etc. I can download orders via Business Settings/Sync but SD won't upload order changes or customer account details, coupons etc.
    Public_HTML is 750, CGI is 755 and Acatalog is 755 (Although not all files within these folders are showing 750, 755 & 755 which I'm not sure if they should be)

Customers can still place orders via my website though, so I can't see what's actually wrong. I don't believe it's the new Windows 11 OS or my UK Fast server as there's no IP's blocked

So, I take my laptop into work this morning and the "TEST" works as does Business Settings/Sync, I can even upload stock changes

What on earth is blocking it from working at home all of a sudden? It was fine in December. I have BT internet at work and Virgin at home and this has never happened before apart from when I'm in Spain which I believe is because Spanish internet providers or routers are set to block UK IP addresses

Thanks if anyone has ever heard of such a weird issue

SOLVED

Windows Defender was the issue. Home is "Private Network" whereas work is "Public Network". The settings needed to be changed to allow SD access but strangely, it never flagged up. i had to manually check this. Either way, if you ever change hard drives on upgrade to a new Windows OS, check windows Defender :-)

Comment

I am having the same problems as you had there Kevin. I did look at Windows Defender but coouldn't see anything amiss. What/where did you change?
      Kind Regards
      Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

Aah.

According to microsoft to allow an app through windows defender:
        1. Select the Start menu, type Allow an app through Windows Firewall, and select it from the list of results.
        2. Select Change settings. You might be asked for an administrator password or to confirm your choice.
        3. To add an app, select the check box next to the app, or select Allow another app and enter the path for the app.
        4. To remove an app, clear the check box next to the app, and then select OK.

Selecting the Start menu and typing Allow an app through Windows Firewall should bring up a control panel option and clicking this should give you a list that includes 'Catalog - Internet Sales Application'. Make sure there's a tick for both 'Private' and 'Public' networks. Mine does already so this might not be the problem but it's definitely worth checking.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Morning Mike, As we now know it wasn't that. In any case I had already done exactly that to no avail
          Kind Regards
          Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

Working...
          X