X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having a Nightmare Installing

Hi

I am trying to get V6 setup on our server

We found out today that we were running on an old Fasthost server (windows) and they have now moved us onto a Linux box.

When we try to upload to the server all goes well untill the merge when we get an access denied error.

When we run the Network test I get the following error.

Actinic Ecommerce received a bad method error from the web server. The server is not properly configured to allow Actinic Ecommerce to run CGI scripts from the cgi-bin. Run Web | Configure Web Site Details... to review your web site configuration.

on pressing continue we then get

The web server returned error code 405 - Server does not support the requested method. Your web server is not configured to accept POSTs to CGI scripts. Contact your ISP or system administrator and have them reconfigure the server.

I have used Putty and changed the cgi_bin to 755 and the acatalog to 777

Anyone else got any ideas?
    Thanks

JoBananas Body Jewellery - Body piercing jewellery, belly bars and ear stretching plugs

Your permissions sound fine. Occassionaly we have had problems with the 'Test' on Fasthost servers, but then the store has gone on to upload and work fine.

Try an upload and see what happens. If it fails, perhaps you could do an 'Export' of your settings in 'Advanced | Network Setup' and post them up here (removing your username and password first) and we'll take it from there.

Comment

Hi

I finally got to the bottom of why it would not work.

Although in my Fasthosts control panel it said that the CGI Bin bas enabled, it turned out that is actually was not.

Fasthosts enabled it manually ant it works fine now.

Worth knowing if anyone else is suffering the same problem

Thanks

JoBananas Body Jewellery - Body piercing jewellery, belly bars and ear stretching plugs

Comment

Working...
      X