Save and Retrieve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Save and Retrieve

Hi - Forgive the simple question but I can't seem to find anything in help files, knowledgebases, etc.

What are the functions of the save and retrieve buttons on the bottom of the page which shows your current shopping cart? It seems as if the save button works similarly to the update button -- what's the difference between the two? I haven't been able to get the retrieve button to affect anything.

If I wanted to remove these buttons, how would I do so?

Thanks so much -- Jen

The save and retrieve buttons let a visitor to your site save the curent order, retrieve lets them retrieve the order.
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I guess what confuses me is the distinction between an "order", and one's shopping cart. If I have items in my shopping cart that I haven't checked out yet, they automatically come up again next time I visit the site, without me asking to "retrieve" it by clicking the retrieve button. And if it's an order (meaning that I've already checked out, right?), it doesn't seem to make sense that I would retrieve it on the View Cart screen (the only place I can see that those buttons exist.) Anyway, since I'm testing I do have orders (already checked out) in the system, and clicking retrieve doesn't give me any option for looking at them.

Can you clarify? Thanks again for your help with a newbie!

Jen

Comment

If you place an order and complete it then it's gone when you go back.

If you order the same 10 products every two months then saving the order will let you use the same order details without going through the site and adding to the basket again.

Well thats my understanding of it. More for B2B sites having many repeat orders.

Hope that clears things up
        Owner of a broken heart

Comment

That does help, thank you so much. One last question... since we are a small B2C site, I'd rather just take these two buttons off the page, since they'll just confuse people. Can you point me in the direction of how to do that? Thanks again -- Jen

Comment

In Business Settings | Ordering, untick where it says 'Enable repeat orders....'

Comment

Working...
            X