Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CGI problems

Hi

We are trying to move our Actinic v10.0.4 LDZA site to a new server and are having frightening problems with the scripts

The site currently works perfectly well on our existing host running centOS

The new server is on rackspace, is also centOS and has perl version 5.8.8 and cgi version 3.15

Perms on acatalog are 777 and cgi-bin 755

The scripts are uploading (via bitvise ftp-sftp bridge) with the wrong user and perms but after the upload (which fails because the scripts don't run) I am manually (for now) changing the .pl files to 755 .pm to 644 and chown-ing the owner to the correct owner.

The pages all appear OK but anything requiring cgi gives this error in the browser ...

A General Script Error Occurred
    Error: Error opening ../acatalog/test/acatalog/213Z123Z127Z49A1380120253B18947.session (Permission denied)Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner
    And the server logs absolutely loads of errors for each click (see attached log which is all the errors from one click)

Network settings also attached.

It does appear as though cgi is running OK so I guess I need to change a setting here or there but I'm no perl expert and I'm stuck and of course there are loads of business critical dependencies hanging off the server migration just to make it the more exciting !

Any help enormously appreciated.
    Attached Files
    Steve Indigo

Indigo Herbs of Glastonbury

Indigo Herbs Blog

More info

Further to the above, I have succesfully run a test script from here which returns more information about the environment ....

BW Test version 5.0
    Copyright 1995-2008 The BearHeart Group, LLC

Versions:
    =================
    perl: 5.008008
    CGI: 3.15

CGI Values:
    =================

Environment Variables:
    =================
    DOCUMENT_ROOT [/var/www/indigoherbs/live/htdocs]
    ENVIRONMENT [production]
    GATEWAY_INTERFACE [CGI/1.1]
    HTTP_ACCEPT [text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8]
    HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING [gzip, deflate]
    HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE [en-gb,en;q=0.5]
    HTTP_CACHE_CONTROL [max-age=0]
    HTTP_CONNECTION [keep-alive]
    HTTP_COOKIE [__utma=118266193.1034320517.1376922955.1377077626.1378985788.3; __utmz=118266193.1376922955.1.1.utmcsr=(direct)|utmccn=(direct)|utmcmd=(none); Drupal.tableDrag.showWeight=0; has_js=1; SESSb79811a58e645154affe7ed9bfd1bdc1=HI3kxmlH_2gOawY2zS8iSREEcwz1XJbo77vbFvIIYpE; ACTINIC_REFERRER=http%3A//live.indigo-herbs.co.uk/acatalog/test/]
    HTTP_DNT [1]
    HTTP_HOST [live.indigo-herbs.co.uk]
    HTTP_USER_AGENT [Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:22.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/22.0]
    PATH [/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin]
    QUERY_STRING []
    REMOTE_ADDR [213.123.127.49]
    REMOTE_PORT [35930]
    REQUEST_METHOD [GET]
    REQUEST_URI [/cgi-bin/testcgi.pl]
    SCRIPT_FILENAME [/var/www/indigoherbs/live/htdocs/cgi-bin/testcgi.pl]
    SCRIPT_NAME [/cgi-bin/testcgi.pl]
    SERVER_ADDR [162.13.5.26]
    SERVER_ADMIN [info@blue-bag.com]
    SERVER_NAME [live.indigo-herbs.co.uk]
    SERVER_PORT [80]
    SERVER_PROTOCOL [HTTP/1.1]
    SERVER_SIGNATURE []
    SERVER_SOFTWARE [Apache]
    TZ [Europe/London]
    Steve Indigo

Indigo Herbs Blog

Comment

Simples ...

OK so a day looking through and learning complex linux stuff was fun but it turns out the problem was that there was a folder with the wrong owner still ... so a simple extra chown did the trick.
      Steve Indigo

Indigo Herbs Blog

Comment

Working...
      X