Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 8.1 problems

This is a v8 issue.

I installed Win 8.1 the other day (obviously took a site snapshot first). Amongst various other problems with the update, I have discovered an issue when trying to publish my site or even a site refresh. When I upload, the software momentarily crashes, then comes up with an error (think when it was sending base files). I tried to continue with the upload (by clicking retry) but when it 'completed', the actual website was down. I thought it was a server issue but other sites I have on the server worked fine. My copy of sellerdeck 2013 had no issues. I then assumed it was a win 8.1 error so loaded the snapshot on my win 7 laptop and the site uploaded with no problems.

I have no idea why installing win 8.1 could cause this issue. I even did a fresh install of v8 but still the same error. I completely forgot to write down the errors and the server log file was clean. I remember numbers such as 505 and something to do .fl files not being found.

I am about 4 weeks away from finishing my sellerdeck 2013 site so it is no problem not having the v8 install on my main system as this will be ditched but it does concern me and perhaps someone else may have similar issues with v8 or later
    www.norfolkherbs.co.uk
    Online Shop at: www.homescentherbs.co.uk

There is a known problem with Windows 8.1 to do with the FTP being looked at for patch 12.0.3, however it is not mentioned in the 12.0.3 beta release notes.
    Peblaco

Comment

The Windows 8 fix was the last to be included, the beta release notes are slightly out of date. I will correct this, thanks for pointing it out.
      Bruce Townsend
      Ecommerce Product Manager
      Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Glad to hear it is a known bug. Wish I hadn't installed Win 8.1. I assumed it was a 'Service Pack' not what seems like a full release!

Even though I was talking about Actinic Version 8, I spoke too soon as I am now getting errors on my 2013 site. The site is in production mode but routed to a test folder on my server. I did a 'publish site' after installing win 8.1 but hadn't made any changes to the store and all went fine with the upload. Now I have made changes, I am getting problems.

I got this error when trying to refresh the site:

FTP error changing directories to /.

and also this:

http://www.norfolkherbs.co.uk/shoptest/ftp_error.jpg

I am running 12.02. If I were to install the Beta for 12.03, Is it safe to carry on working on the site until the production release is available?

Cheers!
        www.norfolkherbs.co.uk

Comment

It is not recommended to install the beta on the same computer for reasons listed on the support page: "Software listed here is of test quality only and should not be used on a live production site" also "Please note that sites created using beta versions of our ecommerce software may not be upgradeable to the production release."
          Peblaco

Comment

Ah yes good idea.

I think I will perhaps continue to work on the site on my windows 7 laptop , wait for the 12.03 production release (hopefully not too long!) and then move it all back to my main PC running 8.1.

Now to fix everything else that went wrong after the 8.1 install!
            www.norfolkherbs.co.uk

Comment

I am currently working on a redesign in test mode and started to get a lot of errors after updating to 8.1 at the weekend.

I have spent 3 days just keep importing snapshots, purge and refreshing etc time and time again.

I changed server, and on to a Windows 7 machine and hey presto it worked. Back to my windows 8.1 machine, and another evening of problems, at which point I started wondering if it was an 8.1 issue, and find myself here.

The big question, can I continue to develop my redesign on 8.1 whilst waiting for the update without risk of wasting my time. I don't mind the site not working online as I can do tons of data entry, just wouldn't want to lose all my work in the future.

Note, all our windows 7 machines are desktops in the office, the 8.1 is a laptop that i use in the evening at home so working on a windows 7 machine is not an option.

Kind regards

Jason
              Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
              Zirconium Rings
              Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

A work around in the meantime.

Run in compatibility mode for windows 8 and all seems to work fine.
                Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
                Zirconium Rings
                Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Hi Jason,

We have certainly not come across any problems involving the development of sites in windows 8.1, While testing the upload bug a snapshot was sent from windows 7 to windows 8.1 with no problems. Only uploading was effected.

Hope This Helps.
                  Sam Bromley
                  Technical Support Analyst

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X