Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to connect to the mail socket (Connection refused)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

Is anyone else hosting with WEBFUSION and having problems with their 'Contact Us' form and not able to send emails from within Seller deck?

We are also not getting 'Catalog Order Received' emails since yesterday (Saturday) morning?

When trying to send a message from the website we are getting this error:

When I test network setting I am getting this:

SellerDeck Mail Test completed successfully
    server: passed
    connection: failed
    sockets: passed
    communications: failed
    authorisation: failed

We have not changed anything on our end and the problem seems to be exactly as in this thread: http://community.sellerdeck.com/arch...p/t-52814.html

Anyone knows what's going on and can help. I tried to phone Webfusion but their telephone support is not working on Sunday :-(

Originally posted by zentauri View Post

We have not changed anything on our end and the problem seems to be exactly as in this thread: http://community.sellerdeck.com/arch...p/t-52814.html

Anyone knows what's going on and can help. I tried to phone Webfusion but their telephone support is not working on Sunday :-(
    The problem in the other thread was caused by 1&1 tightening their email security to prevent the relaying of mail through their mailboxes even when logged on with the correct password, the alternative SMTP server given there is an open server that currently allows relaying (no guarantee it will remain so though).

It seems likely that WebFusion have followed the same route so you will need to discuss this with them as you need an SMTP server that will allow scripts on your web site to send emails.

Posting your network settings (without paswords) would also help us to give you more assistance.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
    Custom Packages

Comment

Thank you everyone for replying.

Webfusion support has fixed it for us now

Panic over

Comment

Working...
      X