X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Websites not updating

We run SellerDeck websites: v10 and v11
    Both stopped updating overnight
    Both have been running on Webfusion servers for years with the same network settings but all of the sudden we are not able to update them
    Any changes made to the content within Sellerdeck although visible in the preview are not shown on the website (for example: adding new products, changing existing product description, deleting the page where the product is no longer available etc have no effect).
    I've tried to refresh the page in the browser, upload the website, refresh it, upload just the page with changes to no avail
    Network settings seems to be ok, Seller Deck doesn't give any error messages, websites are working and taking orders, just that we are not able to update the content anymore!?

I've contacted Webfusion now but not sure if they will deal with it over the weekend.
    Any ideas what may be going wrong? One of these websites has been going on for over 6 years now and it's the first time I cannot make changes to it!

You haven't updated to IE 11 have you?

There is a known issue and an email did come out but I didn't really read the details. If you do have IE 11 then it's worth trying to track down the issue. It might be something else though as what I do remember is that the IE 11 issue is supposed to throw up a permissions error.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thanks Mike,

I actually do not use IE. Only Firefox which is also my default browser for SellerDeck but I've just checked IE installed on my pc and it says Version 11 !! I believe it updated itself automatically

I've seen some messages going around in regard to IE11 but naively thought they do not apply to me!?

Thank you so much. I will now go and do my research on how to uninstall/downgrade it!

Comment

Hi Mike, it's working now again. I've uninstalled IE 11

That will teach me a lesson to always read emails from Seller Deck as it may be something important

Thank you for your help!
        Aneta

Comment

Like you I read it and largely ignored it. I'll have to keep an eye on it though as I guess my IE install will upgrade soon as well. I use Chrome as my default browser but also have IE for when I need to check things in that.

Mike

PS. Here's a link to the explanation of the issue in the Knowledge base. http://community.sellerdeck.com/show...9UIKP5,74E7G,1

Comment

OK. My regular weekly update failed this morning. I'm on Windows 7 and on checking I see that IE updated to version 11 on the 15th November (so wednesday last week).

In my case, there was no permission error shown and it's a completely silent fail with no error warnings of any kind.

Oddly the home page updated, but none of the catalog pages in the /acatalog/ folder did.

So I uninstalled the IE 11 update as described in the knowledge base. Found I had to force a full refresh to get the new pages to upload. Presumably because Sellerdeck thinks the previously upload was successful. Odd because I always thought sellerdeck checked the files rather than went on previous history.

Hope this helps anyone else.

Mike

PS. The MS tool to prevent automatic update to IE11 is a PITA. I gave up and just unticked the box that says 'Update IE automatically' on the IE 'about' page. I hope this works.

Comment

The MS tool to prevent automatic update to IE11 is a PITA.
              So true. An absurdly complicated process, especially when MS have all these "Let Me Fixit" type ways of dealing with other issues.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
              X