A series of errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A series of errors

I'm receiving several errors when trying to upload.

Windows 7 Pro, Actinic 10 Business 10.0.4 LDZA US. Host: Jumpline.com

Who is your host? Jumpline.com
    Is it unix or windows hosting? Unix
    Is the permission on the cgi-bin set to 755? I have tried multiple times to set it to 755. The top level folder keeps the 775 permissions although the files seem to mostly be 755.
    Is the permission on the acatalog folder set to 777? Yes.
    Is this your first upload? Has it worked in the past? It's been working for years.
    Have you compacted the database in the housekeeping menu? Yes.
    Have you changed the cgi number in network setup and tried to reupload? ? Do I pick any number?
    Have you run the network wizard? what was the result? It failed: The wizard is unable to read a test file that it placed in the CGI-BIN directory. Try again or contact your sys admin or ISP to have them resolve the problem. The specific error was: 226 Transfer complete. 200 Type set to A. Next error: An error occured while sending an HTTP request to the webserver. Perhaps your network is down or the webserver is down. Try again or contact your netadmin or ISP to correct the situation.

The upload error messages are:
    1. 550 occpaypaltemplate.html: no such file or directory.
    2. An error occurred while writing to "acatalog" on the web site. The problem is probably due to permissions problems, but could be due to low disk space. Actinic can not work with these settings. Press Cancel if you would like to manually examine the permissions and disk space on the web site. Press Retry if you would like Actinic to attempt to change the permissions on the directory for you.
    3. I hit retry and it fails with "200 Type set to I" twice.
    4. "The attempt to change the direcgtory permissions did not remedy the problem. Please examine the online store folder manually before continuing."
    -- Exit --

Thanks for your help!

Heidi & Lucia
    flyingneedle.com
    --
    Heidi I. Jones
    Ridgerunner Consulting

If this has suddenly stopped working then it will most likely be a hosting issue.
    I suggest you contact them and explain what happened and that you can't set the cgi-bin permissions to 755.

You could also run a network test in Actinic and post the results here, but I suspect it will report similar findings.

Comment

Check that your system hasn't automatically upgraded to Internet Explorer 11. IE11 breaks older versions of SD from uploading.

See http://community.sellerdeck.com/show...9UIKP5,74E7G,1
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks for your responses.

1. I uninstalled IE 11.
        2. I contacted the host and had them force the cgi-bin change to 755.
        3. New error on the "Check and send files" screen, during the 5th step:
        2000 Type set to A
        227 Entering Massive mod (string of #s)
        553 os000001.pl: Permission denied.

Then:

An error occurred while transferring files to the web site:
        Possible cause:
        - Network timed out
        - Network is down
        - FTP server is down
        - remoter server disk is full
        - the permissions on the file or directory on the remote server are locked.
        - if the file is being sent is a CGI Script someone else may be using the same CGO script as you
        Recommendations: Abort
        Resolution:
        - Re-establish your network connection
        - Be sure the FTP server is running
        - try reinstalling the website when the network is not so busy
        .... more things.

So I ran another Network Wizard. I'm now getting an error at the Perl stage:
        An error occured while sending an HTTP request to the web server. Perhaps your network is down or the webserver is down. Try again or contact your netadmin or ISP to correct the situation.

I'm successfully FTPing in using an FTP client.

Thoughts?
        Last edited by Heidi; 05-Dec-2013, 12:11 AM. Reason: more info
        --
        Heidi I. Jones
        Ridgerunner Consulting

Comment

Network test results

"You do not have write permissions to the cgi-bin directory "/var/www/cgi-bin" or it does not exist.

I double checked the permissions - they are 755. Network setup screen:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/utfswg9nni...2019.32.27.png
          --
          Heidi I. Jones
          Ridgerunner Consulting

Comment

Hello Heidi

I'm no expert here but a similar thing happened to me last Friday. My V12 has been fine for years since V8, but I started getting the upload issues, the file permissions are wrong etc, etc. I too had to constantly manual FTP and it took hours for any small edits I made on my site to finally display

I use a dedicated Linux server via 123-Reg. After several emails back and forth of them saying there is nothing wrong, I copied and pasted everything from Actinic regarding my upload issues (Sorry, SellerDeck....) and on the Sunday, all was back to normal. Thing is, my Support Ticket with them is still open and they still have not told me what the problem is/was

I'm convinced that a lot of main hosting companies are updating "Whatever" it is they're updating and it's preventing SellerDeck from uploading

There's a very similar post on here somewhere, and this guy also had upload problems. This was a couple of weeks ago

I feel it is your host, but they might not know what you're on about because from their eyes, all is fine but from your SellerDeck - it isn't

Comment

Pretty sure its IE11 as Norman has pointed out above. It caused us upload problems with Sellerdeck V10, after IE updated to V11. Rollback IE should solve it

Comment

I had a client who was hit by this bug due to an Automatic update to Internet Explorer on the 27th of November, I could see the PC logging in to the host server but there were no records of any files being transferred. After a lot of head scratching and searching the forum I got them to follow the instructions from Sellerdeck on removing IE11 but even after all that the problem still persisted.

It turned out that the uninstall had merely broken IE11 but not removed it. IE11 had to be reinstalled, then uninstalled again, which restored IE10. Publish didn't work immediately after that. Refresh timed out, but made a partial update of new information that was being uploaded to the site, so a second Refresh finished the job, since then Publish to Web has been working correctly.

I have been researching this problem and after some help form Paul at Sellerdeck I found details of the bug in the underlying winInet code used in both Win8.1 and IE11, this also affects any software which uses the Microsoft Wininet code, and so far there has been no update from Microsoft.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
                SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
                Custom Packages

Comment

Originally posted by malbro View Post
                  I had a client who was hit by this bug due to an Automatic update to Internet Explorer on the 27th of November, I could see the PC logging in to the host server but there were no records of any files being transferred. After a lot of head scratching and searching the forum I got them to follow the instructions from Sellerdeck on removing IE11 but even after all that the problem still persisted.

It turned out that the uninstall had merely broken IE11 but not removed it. IE11 had to be reinstalled, then uninstalled again, which restored IE10. Publish didn't work immediately after that. Refresh timed out, but made a partial update of new information that was being uploaded to the site, so a second Refresh finished the job, since then Publish to Web has been working correctly.

I have been researching this problem and after some help form Paul at Sellerdeck I found details of the bug in the underlying winInet code used in both Win8.1 and IE11, this also affects any software which uses the Microsoft Wininet code, and so far there has been no update from Microsoft.
                  That is exactly what I had, absolutely bang on !!. Saturday 30th I read Norman's post and deleted IE11, but still no difference, then on the Sunday partial bits were being uploaded, so of course I'm thinking that my host provider is actually doing something about it......Wrong !!

By 5pm, some 24hrs after deleting IE11, all was finally working again. I've also just noticed that good old Mr Gates has installed IE10 back on my PC which also happened to be on November 30th......

Your post has nailed this issue

Comment

Working...
                  X