Upload Error with Linked Stock File

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upload Error with Linked Stock File

We have been using Sellerdeck for 10 years but have a new problem that occurred last night. Our site is now out of action at a critical time so I am hoping someone can help. I have a request into Sellerdeck suppport but as it Sunday it really is important that i try and get this fixed today.

When we try to upload out side the upload runs for around 10 seconds and then crashes out leaving me with a dmp file. It I unlink our external Access stock database the upload works fine. When I reconnect it the crash happens. The Access database is in our normal sites folder and has been working fine for years.

we are using a VPS at www.lcn.com but i dont think this is the issue
    It is Unix based and we have permission on the cgi-bin.
    We do not have Explorer version 11 as we have already had that issue.

After the first crash last night our site would not allow customers to put items in the basket.
    I have done a refresh of the website and suspended ordering to prevent confusion.

I really need to reconnect the external stock database and re-upload, to get the site working again.

Any help/suggestions will be appreciated as i have tried everything I can think of to get it working.

Tony
    Site owner and webmaster

It's hard to make suggestions without knowing what you've tried so far but the first thing I'd do is compact and repair the database.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

More Information

Hi Mike, Thanks for the reply.

I unlinked the external database and compacted both sellerdeck and the external file before joining them up again.

I have also tried several older versions of the external database file; one from a week ago and one from beginning of November.

I restored the MS operating system to earlier in the week using the restore facility.

Non of the above has helped.

The error appears to occur with the checking of the html files as it consistently crashes at file 43/1147 which is the first check the upload process goes through. Strangely after the crash and the error screen appears the second check on the list appears to keep running. Only when accepting the error by clicking OK does the program actually close.

Thank you for your help so far. Its appreciated.

Tony
      Site owner and webmaster

Comment

This doesn't sound like one of the usual problems. Which version of Actinic are you using? There was a bug in 8.0.3 (I think) that did this, but presumably you're on something a bit more recent.

Mike

Ps. Have you tried rolling back to a recent sellerdeck snapshot?

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Snapshot idea.

I'll try the snapshot idea later today. In the middle of cooking a family meal at the moment. We are on the latest release except for the most recent update.
          Site owner and webmaster

Comment

www.my-history.co.uk is working again.

The best solution we have now come up with is restoring a backup from earlier in the week and then importing the orders into it up to and from the latest day of work. We then did a site refresh and then an upload. The first refresh was to re-suspend ordering and the second upload was to allow ordering. We had suspended ordering on Saturday due to the cart not working.

We then swopped over the external stock file so that the file being used is from the latest date as it holds all our stock levels and is therefore important to us for keeping track of stock.

What we don't know yet is what caused the issue and we don't know if it will happen again when we next upload. However we now have a solution to sort this out a lot quicker if it happens again. We will try a new upload tonight after midnight to see what happens.

Simon Bush at Sellerdeck support is investigating the issue for us. We have sent him a snapshot and linked stock file by upload.

I will try and post again when I know more.
            Site owner and webmaster

Comment

Problem Identified and Resolved.

I think I have resolved the problem with our external stock file causing the upload error on Sellerdeck. On Saturday morning I set about checking the external stock file very carefully by deleting half the records and checking if one half of the file would allow upload and the other half remained with the error. This was the case so by a process of elimination I have found the offending stock record ref.: “TUBE”.

I am not sure if it is relevant but we had keyed the product code into SellerDeck as ‘Tube’ and into Access as ‘TUBE’. We had also replicated the product into a second section on the site and when we tried to click on the replicated product as if to make changes it also caused the SellerDeck program to crash out. By unlinking the original product from the external database and cutting the replicated product I have been able to make everything upload as it should. There appeared to be some sort of corruption between the original and replicated product as they were not displaying exactly the same detail and the replicated product was not updating properly. The use or lack of use of capital letters may have been a red herring.

I would be interested to hear how others are using the external file for holding stock records. We find it particularly useful as we have written a basic stock reorder system using the same records. We have a list of suppliers linked to products and we keep all the supplier part numbers against our own list which makes producing automated purchase orders very easy. Purchase orders are saved as PDFs and sent out to suppliers by email. We are currently building a table in the same database to record transactions so that when combined with the data we pull out of the SellerDeck database we can see all our stock movements.

Tony Beardshaw
              Site owner and webmaster

Comment

Working...
              X