Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with customer emails not being sent

Hello,

I have been a long-time user of Actinic (since v7) and have just upgraded to Sellerdeck 12.0.3.
    I have been hosted by Internetters (Windows NT) all that time, and while most of the time the service has been good, since last October I have had problems with customer emails not being sent after an order. This seems to have coincided with an issue with testing my Network Settings - the test fails when it gets to addressing the SMTP server, saying the following:

------------
    The 'SMTP server' address entered in the 'Web | Network Setup' is incorrect, or not a valid SMTP server.
    Possible Solutions:
    1) Try "localhost" as the "SMTP Server"
    2) Check the "SMTP Server" host name, user name and password with your server host, then correct the details in 'Web | Network Setup'
    3) Check your firewall settings
    ------------

After nine years of working fine with 'localhost', this message now appears when running the settings test. I wondered if it was just a problem with Actinic 7, or some problem related to the Internet Explorer 11 upgrade issues that affected uploading.
    However, now having switched software, operating system and computer, exactly the same problem occurs, and after a 35 minute phone call with Internetters support today they were unable to identify what was going wrong despite making several suggestions what to try putting in the smtp server box.

While I am pretty sure this must be a problem with the hosters, interestingly when I change the smtp server settings to those of my O2 email account the same problem occurs, and I'm not sure why this would be. Can anyone explain why that would be the case, sure it's a simple one but I want to hopefully be able to rule it out being a software issue.

One thing the chap at Internetters did suggest as a last resort would be to migrate to a newer UNIX server. Has anybody got any experience of doing this, or advice as to whether or not it's likely to work for my problem of customer emails not being sent.

Thanks very much in anticipation of any advice
    Paul Gardner
    Attached Files
Working...
X