IIS7.5 Windows 2008 R2 Server Hosting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IIS7.5 Windows 2008 R2 Server Hosting

I am having a major issue with hosting SellerDeck V10 on a 64 bit Windows 2008 R2 Server with IIS 7.5

SellerDeck have NO instructions for this server and calling support just gets me "we don't support servers".

I am totally stuck and it needs to be on this Server due to other hosted sites and interactions with other sites using ASPX

The details are as follows and if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated

Server:
    Windows Server 2008 R2
    64 Bit
    IIS 7.5

Perl
    Active Perl Version 5.18.2.1801 32 bit
    Also tried the 64 bit
    I have a very old Active Perl that has worked on older server installations but it won't install on Windows 2008

FTP
    Set up the FTP server using FileZilla
    FTP'ed on with that user and permissions are ok - i.e. can delete, amend, upload files etc

Local DIR
    created the local web site directory structure and created the permissions
    this is on everyone user and the IUSR (iis7.5 doesn't have IUSR_SERVERNAME, just IUSR)
    didnt need to do FTP as that is taken care of by FileZilla and been tested via FTP

IIS7.5
    Created the site and the CGI-bin
    There doesn't seem to be any user permissions to be set up as when you click on the security it goes to the Windows security - so it must be the same for IIS 7.5
    in the application pool, I set enable 32 bit applications on the correct one

Attempt 1
    Tried everything on first installation as-in and got an error as per attached image - error-message.jpg

Attempt 2
    Tried 64 bit and 32 bit and different versions of Active Perl and same error message as per attachment

Attempt 3
    Went into IIS and set the Perl as per screen shot PERL1.jpg
    I set these on the whole of the site and they inherit to the CGI-BIN folder
    each of these scripts were set up by going into Handler Mappings
    Each of these scripts also have Read, Script, Execute in the "Edit Feature Permissions"
    I get same error message

Notes:
    I note that it seems to be a problem with the PERL
    When I go into Help-Troubleshooting in SellerDeck, I cannot get server time or web site analysis.
    The web analysis has worked whilst fiddling with Perl, but it now doesn't work and I cannot get it to work again
    I have tried the purge web site, etc, deleteing all files etc.

Conclusion
    It seems to be the Perl as it always fails on web site refresh at the last step when it says merging files. Also due to the checks with server time etc

I must be missing something here, please could anyone help as support won't and I am totally stuck
    Attached Files

Originally posted by itflash View Post

Conclusion
    It seems to be the Perl as it always fails on web site refresh at the last step when it says merging files. Also due to the checks with server time etc

I must be missing something here, please could anyone help as support won't and I am totally stuck
    There are problems reported with earlier versions of Perl 5.12 and 5.14 elsewhere on the forum, 5.10.1 in known to work.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
    Custom Packages

Comment

Working...
    X