two PC download orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

two PC download orders

1. How can I download orders from a different PC? I loaded my software copied all panels, but I get a signal that can't download before I upload the catalog?

2. How do you copy the catalogue from the original PC so it can be copied to a second PC?
    MY version is 2 years old,
    Thanks

2 years old - hmmm. This sounds like you are using v4. Please verify this in 'Help | About Catalog'.

The correct procedure to follow is:

To take a snapshot of a catalog go to File | Snapshots… | Export Site. This will then guide you through a wizard to help you save all the relevant settings for your currently active site into one file. This can then be implemented onto a second machine by going to File | Snapshots… | Import Site on the second machine.

Please note that in order to be able to import the site successfully on the second machine, the site that you are importing the snapshot into must have been licensed with the same key that was used to license the exported file.

Uploading On One Machine and Downloading On Another

Through checking either one of the Allow on this PC: options (under Business Settings | Options) you can specify whether a particular machine is used just for ‘Catalog Maintenance’ or just for ‘Order Processing’. This means that one PC can just be used to maintain and upload a catalogue to the web site whilst the other machine can be used solely for order processing from that catalogue.

Comment

My catalog is version3 instructions still ok?

Comment

Well, no because v3 does not have a snapshot feature. All you can do is install v3 on the new machine and then zip up the 'Site1' folder on the old machine and unzip it into the 'Site1' folder on the new machine.

Comment

Thank you, I will try again this week by ziping the site 1 and
          copying to the second PC
          Latest issue is second PC won't let me download orders,
          I get the following message;
          "The passwords stored on the web site do not
          match the passwords currently stored in the setup.

Possible Cause:
          The passwords stored in the preferences
          do not match those on the web site.
          Recommendation:
          Abort
          Resolution:
          Refresh the web site

Command: Search Filename: *.ord "
          Not sure what this means.

Comment

Because you have not got the use of snapshots, you will need to manually transfer across the security key and username and password in 'Housekeeping | Security' from one PC to another.

Sorry I forgot to mention this before - I'm afraid we're all a bit rusty on v3 here.

Comment

Working...
            X