Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site Design Question...

Hi,

I've just downloaded the trial version of Developer and have been trying out the software all day.

I have a customer who's site i have just designed. He now wants a shopping cart on the site. Can i add the Actinic shopping cart onto a site that is already designed?

It must look the same as the rest of the site so i believe would require me changing the templates. Is this easy to do in Dreamweaver?

He also has Exchequer Enterprise accounts software and in the future would like to link it to his website. I have heard that Actinic used to do the Actinic Link between Sage Line 50 and Exchequer but stopped the Exchequer link due to backwards compatibility issues. Does anyone know of a company or individual who has created a piece of software to use with exchequer?

Thanks

Will O'Hara

I can answer your first question.

You can take the design you have and convert it to an Actinic Theme using Dreamweaver.

If you can post a URL we can say how easy/difficult it maybe
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

The site that he wants to add a shopping cart to is
      www.storplan.net
      He'd ideally like the "shop" to be a menu option like "Products" and "Projects" are.

Thanks

Comment

Looks fairly straight forward and you could get rid of the BACK button on products.

A few more graphics needed but not too much.

I assume you have access to all the original files?
        Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Yes, i have access to all the files. How long do you think this would take me, bearing in mind i only downloaded the demo yesterday?

Comment

Will

It will take a while to get used to how the software works. I would advise you do download the "Designing with Actinic Developer" guide from the Actinic website as this will help somewhat.

Try building a basic page from scratch or open up some pages using the dreamweaver extension.
            Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Working...
            X