Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

504 gateway timeout error

version 8.0.4
    happily been runnng for 5+ years, and now suddenly, we are getting a 504 gateway timeout.
    I've FTP's on to the site, deleted everthing, incremented the perl script number, refreshed etc, placed an order and on the jump to page-4 of the checkout, it's then we get the error.
    it doesn't matter whether its credit card, or phone order, still nothing.

last time the scripts were changed prior to the problem was 18+ months ago, log's say it not been hacked, the FTP is restricted to just us, we seem to have taken all the normal precautions

a good friend that runs the hosting says that it jumps to upto 95%+ cpu usage, so clearly something has gone wrong.

I've searched the forum, but no clues there.

anyone got any clues.?

kevin

I've been pondering this and looked in the site's error log and find this
    defined(%hash) is deprecated at al000004.pm line 1505., referer: htt p://. . . . /woodpecker-warmer.html
    Maybe you should just omit the defined()?), referer: htt p://. . . . /woodpecker-warmer.html
    defined(%hash) is deprecated at al000004.pm line 1512., referer: htt p://. . . . /woodpecker-warmer.html
    (Maybe you should just omit the defined()?), referer: htt p://. . . . /woodpecker-warmer.html
    Using a hash as a reference is deprecated at px000004.pm line 881., referer: htt p://. . . . /woodpecker-warmer.html
    Using a hash as a reference is deprecated at px000004.pm line 950., referer: htt p://. . . . /woodpecker-warmer.html
    Using a hash as a reference is deprecated at px000004.pm line 999., referer: htt p://. . . . /woodpecker-warmer.html
    Using a hash as a reference is deprecated at px000004.pm line 1038., referer: htt p://. . . . /woodpecker-warmer.html
    seems the server doesn't like the format of the perl scripts.
    does this give more clues to anyone??

Comment

It sounds very similar to this thread that came up with a search for 'gateway timeout'.

http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=54104

Mike

PS. 8.0.4? really?

v853 IDHB
      v852 HMVA
      v851 HIZA
      v850 HBKA
      v804 GMVA
      v803 GLCA
      v802 GJUA
      v800 GIKA

Get the latest versions here: http://sellerdeck.co.uk/index.php/su...tegory/archive
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I know, its still v804 GMVA but it has in the past served us well, and as the missus is not hot on twitter et al (she has been known to use the word "crap" instead of "grab" for instance, and repeat visitors are not too much of an issue (you only buy a wheelchair every couple of years at the most), there seemed no rush to move to latest versions expecially when I heavily modified all templates and the upgrade path would be a major headache.
        perhaps this may force my hand though.

I tried searching for 504 errors, but must have missed this one,
        I'll look at the code asap and see if this fixes it.

thanks for the heads-up mike

kev

Comment

many thanks for the solution Mike, worked a treat.

Comment

No Problem. Glad it's sorted.

My surprise isn't with you sticking with V8, just that it's such an early version. IIRC the V8.5 versions had some much needed security fixes amongst other things. It might be worth checking the release notes if you can find them as the upgrade should be relatively simple.

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

cheers for that Mike, will do so.

Comment

Working...
              X