Importing Customvars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing Customvars

I've had an Actinic site created for me by someone else. There are a number of CUSTOMVARS. I want to do a data import from a tab delimited file. I've been told to use the flat file import which is fine. When I go to the field mapping, only the standard Actinic NETQUOTEVARS appear and none of the custom fields. How can I get the custom fields to appear in the list so I can map my fields to them??

Many thanks in advance.

James

This can only be done using the Hierarchical Import method.

To see what can be imported using Flat File see Actinic's help file (use Find to locate "Importing Flat File") and under Correct data format for importing you'll see all the available fields.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks for the reply

Thank you for the reply. I did look at the flat and hierarchical help sections and found them quite confusing. I looked at the sample text files for the hierarchical import and couldn't make head nor tail of it. There didn't seem to be any pattern to it! Am I missing something? When I tried to import a text delimited file with column headings into the hierarchical import it said that there was a problem with the file - I guess this was because it wasn't laid out properly? Can you give me any hints on getting started with the hierarchical import?

Many thanks again

James

Comment

Just slog your way through the help file and the sample files. That should be all you need.

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X