Running the site locally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running the site locally

I have just downloaded the 30 trial version of catalog at home to (hopefully) construct a new site.
    I have 2 pcs on a local network, one that i am developing the site on and the other one i wish to use a local webhost to test the site out.
    After reading in here i have installed IIS on Windows 2000 Pro and Perl. I have also setup an ftp server which i can connect to from the development PC.
    Now i did try last night to upload the site using the network settings wizard from within Actinic but it got part of the way through it and gave me an error message about changing the file permissions.

Anyone have any ideas, bare in-mind i have never run a local webserver before so it is all new to me.

If you look in the Advanced Guide (available from www.actinic.co.uk - downloads) that has full information on installing a local web-server. Search for "Standalone".

They use Apache for the HTTP server (open source and free) instead of IIS but the general info may be of use to you. Of course, if you have no need for IIS other than for this test it may be easier to use Apache instead.

The AG instructions are for setting the server up on the same system as you run Actinic but it's trivial to set it up on another system. Just use that systems network name instead of "localhost" in the setup instructions.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
    X