Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

install perl module

Hi.

We have just moved our website to a virtual server with 1 and 1. We did this so we can have a static IP which is needed for Sage Pay Protocol 3. Unfortunately, Crypt::SSLeay is not installed on this server and 1 and 1 won't install it for me as technically, I am now the web host
    The guy did try for me but couldn't and said i had to use ssh, command lines and something about a container!

I have no idea at all on where to even start. I have spent 7 hours just trying to get my head around Plesk and still don't know how to use it. I do feel a little alienated as we don't have the expertise to run a server but have been forced to by SagePay's new protocol.

yes, I should have done this earlier but I never knew it was going to be this complicated to conform to Sagepay's rules!

Anyway, any hints, suggestions or someone to point me in the right direction would be wonderful

Thanks!
    www.norfolkherbs.co.uk
    Online Shop at: www.homescentherbs.co.uk

1and1 are talking out of their proverbially. Crypt[::SSLeay IS installed. I spent a few days just like you talking to a bunch of incompetent 1and1 people who insisted that they weren't going to install it anytime soon. I checked out the perl script installed on my server and it was 5.10.1 which has the crypt::ssleay module as standard.

I can't see it in troubleshooting in v14.03 as it just throws up an error, if it's the same for you go to your

Http:://s12345678websitehome.co.uk/logs/info.pl

page, where s12345678 is your 1and1domain user name, log in with your FTP user name and password then scroll down. You will see about five Crypt::SSLeay entries. At the top your perl version is listed., anything above 5.7 has CRYPT::SSLeay included as standard.

The day after I discovered that a 1 and1 representative from an upper level (apparently) rang me to say they were sorry but crypt::ssleay would not be installed. I told her it already was and they should update their staff with that knowledge. She thanked me for telling her and was going to let everyone know. What a joke!! I was going to upgrade to a dedicated server too but my shared server is doing just fine thank you very much.

Despair not Ollybug.
    Kind Regards
    Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

You are still getting the sagepay error so do this:

Try the sagepay payment method on your site
      Go to "invalid entries"
      See if there are entries there relating to your attempt, I just tried so there should be one from me too.
      If there are none the connection isn't made (unlikely)
      If there are look at the error code. Then see my post HERE

If you see IP errors then call sagepay who will look into your account and provide you with the IP addressees of recent attempts, then add those in Sagepay. 1and1's static IP is not true, I have a static IP but when calling Sagepay a different one from 1and1 had been employed.
      Kind Regards
      Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

Good morning.

Thanks for the help.

Which 1 and 1 package/server are you using? I am on a virtual server m
        My old web hosting package had it installed but not, it seems, on the vps
        I used the web site analysis with sellerdeck and it showed this (see attached)

I still can't process sagepay payments (using sagepay form) even though all the other pre-requisite stuff has been done.

Cheers,
        Olly
        Attached Files
        www.norfolkherbs.co.uk

Comment

Oh crumbs, how odd. I am on the old Business Professional package on a shared Linux server been on it for 10 years.

Did you look in Sagepay?

Your new website is very nice btw, really like it did you build it yourself?
          Kind Regards
          Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

I think this is where the problem is.

You are on a shared package, i.e you have a web hosting package (just like I did)
            With a virtual server as I have now, I am in effect become the webhost and have to manage the server myself. 1and1 therefore don't have access to this. They do of course but it is not a support option they will give.

Are you with sagepay too? and if so, how did you manage to get away with a shared ip address? 1and1 shared servers have dynamic ip addresses which can't be used (so I am told) with sagepay protocol 3.0.
            www.norfolkherbs.co.uk

Comment

yes, i did build the website - thanks!!!
              www.norfolkherbs.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by OllyBug View Post
                I

Are you with sagepay too? and if so, how did you manage to get away with a shared ip address? 1and1 shared servers have dynamic ip addresses which can't be used (so I am told) with sagepay protocol 3.0.
                No my IP address is not dynamic. I had a static IP address with just one other as I discovered. The address was listed in my 1and1 portal and I got the other one from SagePay. Who told you your IP addresses were dynamic? I wouldn't expect that from a server, but rather from personal internet providers. Isn't it usual to assign just one or two? The only time it would change is if they moved you to another server.

You did a fabulous job on the design Olly.
                Kind Regards
                Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

Thank you for the compliment!

1 and 1 said this:

''It appears that Sage Pay requires a Static IP address in which we do not have on Shared hosting package. They need a steady or Fixed IP address assigned to your domain. Your Shared Hosting package got a Dynamic IP that automatically update the IP address of a domain hosted on our server. ''

I was then advised to take out a virtual server package.

It was just typical that I had the perl module needed on my shared package but not the ip address needed and now it is the other way around.

Olly
                  www.norfolkherbs.co.uk

Comment

Resolved

Just thought I would update this post as the problem has been resolved.

After speaking to 1 and 1 again, a very nice chap installed the perl module onto my vps in about 30 seconds flat!
                    www.norfolkherbs.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X