Setting up SSL with 1and1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting up SSL with 1and1

Hi, I'm having great problems setting up my SSL (just to use on my top level site and for checkout screens only). Geotrust certificate is set up for the domain. I have searched this knowledge base and seen a lot of stuff that is confusing around symbiotic links. been told by support to get 1and1 to create a symbiotic link - spoke to 1and1 wo did not understand how to do this. as I don't understand what this even is it didn't go very far. Could some kind person here, explain to me in a non-technical way how to get my SSL to work please. Many thanks James

Sorry James, I'd help you if I could but I use the SSL cerificate that came with my 1and1 package so they set it up for me.

Their technical support should be able to help you. If not ask for it to be escalated to someone who can help.

If you ordered from 1and1 then the instructions for setting it up are here: https://help.1and1.com/domains-c3693...s-a600659.html

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks Mike, I have set up the SSL in the 1and1 control package and it says its working for the domain required. However, when I try to upload my Sellerdeck site to this domain with the SSL errors occur when accessing the ssl pages as the setup doesnt seem to work properly.

Comment

Working...
      X