SSL - Advice Sought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SSL - Advice Sought

We've scoured the forums and pretty much got our heads around the various options for using Actinic with SSL. Our client is currently using Actinic Encryption under V3 but will soon have a new site developed under V6 and we are suggesting they move to using Actinic Shared SSL for the capture of credit card details. The two "inbuilt" shared SSL hosting providers (Actinic and Internetters) appear to work fine in test mode but we're not sure why Actinic charge £100/Year and Internetters charge only £50/Year for hosting? Does anyone have experience of using either service and can they comment on their relative merits?

Also, our client's site is frames based (www.crombie,co.uk) and we can see problems with integrating the shared SSL pages in a seamless fashion. The "golden padlock" would also not be displayed as the "frame" would still be on the unsecured site. The only way we can see around this is if we can somehow get control of the layout (fonts, images etc) of the SSL page that captures the credit card details. One of our other clients use NetBanx for CC transactions and we were able to submit layout templates to NetBanx for this very purpose. Does anyone know if this is possible using Actinic shared SSL? As far as we can tell, our only other option would be to go for full SSL on the web server but the costs involved in doing this (time and money) are unacceptable to our client.

FYI The client's current web host is MCI (formerly UUNET) and they are running on a shared web space.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

IMIS
    IMIS
    www.crombie.co.uk
    www.bonasana.com
    www.discount-aromatherapy.co.uk

Discussed at http://community.actinic.com/showthr...&threadid=5889

Comment

ssl - go for a full certificate

I would suggest you consider a full certificate. they are not expensive these days, an easier to get than before. they allow you to fully customise your checkout and use SSL where you want, including ALL checkout pages. I have gone with Actinic for the moment, but I am looking at getting my own ssl cert pretty soon as the actinic version is, er, basic.!
      andy
      www.legendgames.co.uk
      Andy Warner

www.legendgames.co.uk - rpgs, boardgames, dice and other geeky stuff
      www.RPGMiniatures.com D&D and Star Wars Miniatures

Both running the Cart from Search Page hack

Also www.mainlymurder.co.uk www.thegamesplace.co.uk and www.thediceplace.co.uk

All running V8.5.2 Multisite on a windows 7 quad PC, augmented by Mole End automation, from a single shared database, using actinic specific hosting from Host-IT.

Comment

Working...
      X