Seperate Servers for catalogue and cgi-bin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seperate Servers for catalogue and cgi-bin

For security reasons my service provider users seperate servers for the cgi-bin and where you put your normal webpages. Is it possible to publish a site to two seperate servers like this. It would mean that the orders stored on line would need to be stored in the cgu-bin or a sub folder off.

It would mean that the orders stored on line would need to be stored in the cgu-bin or a sub folder off.
    Not necessarily.

Actinic can work fine with having just the checkout (and login page if relevant) on an SSL server, and then have the rest of the store on a normal server. This is normal functionality.

All your server needs is the ability to have a network filepath that goes from the secure cgi-bin folder to the non-secure acatalog folder. As long as you have this you are all set.

Check out the 'Advanced - Putting your store online | Setting up an Actinic store on both an HTTP and an SSL server' section in the main help file for more details.

Comment

It would mean that the orders stored on line would need to be stored in the cgu-bin or a sub folder off
      I don't think that that is possible. The scripts need to be able to operate on files in the acatalog folder and so need to have a path available that will take them there.

However many systems (Demon for example) separate the cgi server from the http one and Actinic works fine there.

If you are using the Java Applet for checkout you may need a little patch in Act_Order03.html (search the knowledge base for Demon) and you should find it).

Norman
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi you have'nt said which service provider you are using?
        I tried to set up with F9 for weeks, to no avail....... I think with some service providers it can't be done

Comment

Working...
        X