Can't get rid of the site map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get rid of the site map

I am writing a new site which only has a single product so I am trying to remove the site map because for this site it doesn't really make much sense.

I am using the Stripe theme and have unchecked the 'Include site map in website' box in design/options/sections but the site map will not go away.

Does anyone know how to get rid of it?

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Try deleting the sitemap file from your site1 folder.

I'd guess it got created but not deleted and is still being uploaded.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thanks Mike,

I'm still working with a local preview so I deleted all of the files but it was generated again when I did a site preview.

I've looked through the primary template but I can't find the bit to delete to forcibly remove it.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Just a thought, but have you cleared the gifs, etc from the sitemap navigation under design options=>navigation?

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

have you removed the references to the gifs in Design | Options | Navigation

no gifs = no link

Comment

I have just got this sussed, it was all a mirage :-) I was testing offline using preview and in that mode all sorts of things appear that will not be there on the real site. Even after I removed all references to the links and gifs (rather annoying in my mole end software site by accident first the site map was still there. But as if by magic my new URL started working today so I uploaded to the real site and there was no sitemap there.

Brilliant tips though about removing the other links and gifs, I have got rid of all of the other links that I don't need now - although my little shimmer gif looks a bit sad and empty now so I might out them back in even though they are off little use.

I'm feeling very pleased with myself because I have managed to add the worldpay logos to the site as well now - I'm dead chuffed (as they say in the home land).

Thanks for your help Jo and Mike, you sorted out problems I didn't even tell you about.

Regards

Comment

Wierd or what ... my site now points to ukreg again, it pointed to the right place from 16:30 to 17:04 and now it's back to ukreg. Ah well at least it worked long enough for me to sort out the site map issue.

BTW to add worldpay logos to your website you put

<script language="JavaScript" src="http://www.worldpay.com/cgenerator/cgenerator.php?instId=xxxxxx"></script>

where xxxxx is your installation id.

Many thanks,

Comment

Working...
              X