Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Set number of products to display per page

Hello

Is it possible to set the number of products to display per page, and then include a forward / backward button when the number of lines is met, very much like this message board.

Had a quick look around this board and on the knowledge base but cannot find any info.

Thanks as always
    Steve

Hi Steven.

I am afraid that this is not possible in Actinic at the moment. The only way to do it, is to limit the number of products in each section. You can create Next Previous links however. Please take a look at page 19 of the Advanced User Guide for instructions.

I will add the request to our wish list.

I hope this is useful.
    Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

set number of products to display

Originally posted by Darren
      Hi Steven.

I am afraid that this is not possible in Actinic at the moment. The only way to do it, is to limit the number of products in each section. You can create Next Previous links however. Please take a look at page 19 of the Advanced User Guide for instructions.

I will add the request to our wish list.

I hope this is useful.
      Hi Darren

How do I limit the number of products in each section?

Thanks
      Bonnie
      www.bonnies-gift-shop.com
      Unique Gifts & Home Decor
      Retail/Wholesale/Drop Shipping
      www.bonniesgifts.com
      Gift Baskets Gift Ideas Unique Gifts
      Retail/Drop Shipping

Comment

Re: set number of products to display

Originally posted by ocbon

How do I limit the number of products in each section?

Hi Bonnie.

There is unfortunately not a way of limiting the number of products per section. Once you have 'filled up' a section, you can create a new one.
        Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Re: Re: set number of products to display

Originally posted by Darren
          Hi Bonnie.

There is unfortunately not a way of limiting the number of products per section. Once you have 'filled up' a section, you can create a new one.
          Hi Darren

Sorry to be a pest, but I am new to this. How will I know when a section is filled? What method is used to determine the amount of products/space available in a section?

Thanks
          Bonnie
          www.bonnies-gift-shop.com
          Unique Gifts & Home Decor
          Retail/Wholesale/Drop Shipping
          www.bonniesgifts.com
          Gift Baskets Gift Ideas Unique Gifts
          Retail/Drop Shipping

Comment

I dont think there is a set limit.

I would guess that Darren meant that when you have reached the number of items you would like in the section simply stop there and add more to a diferent section.

Regards

Simon

Comment

would guess that Darren meant that when you have reached the number of items you would like in the section simply stop there and add more to a diferent section
              Yep, thats right. Sorry if I was a clear as mud!
              Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

I have not done this yet, but hope to today.

Question tho. Is there a way to add a line a the top of my page that says something like "Products 11-20 of 68" (or what ever) depending on which part of the subsection you are in (obviously the customer will assume they are in 1 section. I feel it is more condusive for a customer to search 5 pages if they know there are only 5 pages as opposed to when there is only a next - how many of us get past the second page on a search engine??).

Any thoughts.

Cheers

Steven

Comment

Hello

I have created new sub sections and called them 1-20, 21-40 and this creates the desired effect at the bottom of the page. Manually I could set the higher number to what is in store so in the above it would be say 21-33 if I had 33 items in that part of the store. A bit manual I feel.

I have added forward and back arrows too, but these always display where ever you are, so if you are on 1-20, there is still a back arrow, which links to the store top. Is it possible to display this only when there is a sub section to.

A link to the store may be clearer...

http://www.fidelity dj.co.uk/acatalo...les_21_40.html

In this case, I am on subsection 21-40 but there is a forward arrow bottom right even tho there is no further subsections. Can this be hidden?

Thanks for comments

Steven

Comment

Is it possible to display this only when there is a sub section to.
                    Yes. You need to have placed the next/previous code within the overall layout template (usually Act_Primary.html). Then you can create an alternative overall layout template without a previous arrow, and create a second alternative overall layout template without a next arrow. Then use the first alternative layout template to use for sections at the beginning of a list of sibling sections, and use the second alternative overall layout template for the last in a list of sibling sections.

Comment

Working...
                    X