X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quickbook product reference

We are using US version 6. In the advanced user's guide it says
    "Build Actinic Sections Hierarchy?
    This option will only become active if you have checked ‘Only Transfer Products at Lowest Level of Item Hierarchy’. By checking this box, Actinic Link will translate your structure of items and sub-items into sections, sub-sections and products within Actinic Busines"

but further on it says:
    "Actinic Business does not support product references with the following characters: !":’_|%*. This tab can be used to work around this restriction by mapping your QuickBooks product references onto ones that will be accepted by Actinic Business."

Well when you create sections in Quickbooks it automatically makes a product number "Kosen:1234". So if we need to map it for another character what would that character be in order to create the sections in Actinic? - Our problem is not so much importing the sections, it's that if we have product number "Steiff:1234" and "Kosen:1234" one is getting bumped because of identical product numbers. Thanks for the help!

When doing sub-products in Quickbooks, it is the '1234' bit that Actinic turns into a product reference - the 'Kosen:' bit is used to create the sub-section.

The bit after the colon needs to be unique for each product.

Comment

I would have thought that since it appeared that it was importing "kosen:1234" and that I have read that actinic itself gives the product its own unique id that I would not have run into this. Hopefully actinic will change its instructions to give the user more information. I wouldn't think that we were the only ones who have run into this.

The problem that this adds is that these numbers are what goes on Purchase orders in quicken. We will have to change their part numbers and hopefully they will be able to identify them.

Thank you for the quick answer.

Comment

From what I know (and I am not as much of an expert as some) - Actinic will include the correct Quickbooks item on the purchase orders in QuickBooks because the Actinic "1234" reference will be 'interpreted' to become the "kosen:1234" reference required.

I have not worked much with sub-items so I'm a bit hazy on this. If that does not work then there is always the 'Product Reference Translation' feature in Actinic link to translate your Quickbooks references into valid Actinic ones - and vice versa.

Comment

Working...
        X