Credit Card Charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Card Charges

On a normal transaction our busines charges 2% for payments made by credit card however there is no additional charge if paying by Switch or a Debit Card. Is it possible to show these options and will we have the capability to automatically charging 2% on the summary page when reviewing the complete order?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hi Frank.

Existing versions of Actinic cannot do this. However, when Version 7 hits the streets, you will be able to apply a surcharge by payment type, ie credit card, but you will not be able to apply the surcharge to individual cards.

I will add the idea to the wish list.
    Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

How i am using a demo right now

Andrew

Comment

See my answer HERE.

Also, please try and avoid posting multiple times. It is against forum guidelines.

Comment

Sorry I doubled posted because I didn’t realise there was now a v7 forum.

I have had a look seems easy the only problem I may have is as well a credit cards and there surcharge I wish to add
          Debit cards which have a surcharge of a fixed price.

regards

Andrew

Comment

No worries Andi, it is just good to only post once as it means it is much easier to keep track of whether you've had an answer or not.

There is a limitation in Actinic v7 in that you can only limit the surcharge to certain payment methods - and not specific credit card types. I will add this to the wish list for you.

Comment

could you not create multiple payment types using the same processor but different surcharges?

for example at the checkout give the customer 2 different options for online line paying:

1: called 'Credit Cards - 2% surcharge' set up with the CC surcharge and using your PSP.

2: called 'Debit Cards - 38p surcharge' set up with the debit card surchage and using the same PSP as in option 1.

Mike
              -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Mike

I don't think this will work as both surcharges would end up being applied to every order that pays by credit card.

Comment

Working...
                X