Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up-grade problems

Hello

I have left upgrading from Business late and am now faced with the problem that my shop is not working anymore after I've installed the updates.

I followed all instructions downloaded patches and installer but the files won't merge when I upload to the server.
    I asked the ISP and the pearl version is not a problem according to them.

So what can I do. I have thousands of pounds worth of stock on the shop, which is now on ordering suspended.

I am not subscribed to the help service and don't know why I should have to spend a few hundred pounds for something that should work anyhow. My shop worked fine withou any help until I did the up-grade.

Yes I have a snapshot. Anybody any ideas. Maybe I am doing something completely wrong but I was surprised that I did not get charged for getting the up-grade. Maybe whatever you get for free doesn't work?
    Whizz Shop
    http://www.whizz.uk.com

anybody there

I need to talk to someone urgently. is there anybody there over easter? I have made a mess by downloading the wrong version namely the catalogue and installed this up-grade over the original business files.

I then downloaded the business upgrade and installed this over the mix up I created before.

Now I noticed I need a licence key to make this work.

I never needed help before because the system is soooo easy to use but I think I would appreciate some advice now on whether the licence key will make the upgrade work the way I installed it.
    Hence I have not purchased cover yet though I am using the shop since almost a year.

Does anybody wish to negotiate with me urgently over this please?
    Whizz Shop

Comment

It's not clear what you have done. What did you upgrade from? Are you upgrading from V5 to V6? Or are you upgrading from catalog to business? I would reinstall the software that worked and restore from the snapshot and then refresh the web site.
      Bob Ladden

Comment

upgrade

That's it I am having a lot on my mind and it is confusing even you now.

I have got ACTINIC BUSINESS 6.0 AND I WANT TO UPGRADE TO ACTINIC BUSINESS 6.14

HOWEVER BY MISTAKE - BECAUSE I HAVE A LOT OF THINGS GOING ON - I DOWNLOADED ACTINIC CATALOG UPGRADE AND INSTALLED THAT OVER ACTINIC BUSINESS I HAD BEFORE.

I THEN EVENTUALLY REALISED MY MISTAKE AND DOWLOADED THE CORRECT BUSINESS UPGRADE AND INSTALLED THAT OVER WHAT I'VE HAD BEFORE.

SO NOW I AM IN A BIT OF A JIFFI

ALL PEARL SCRIPTS NOW HAVE TOO MANY MISTAKES ON TO RUN AND I DON'T KNOW WHETHER THAT HAS TO DO WITH A LICENCE KEY OR THE MIX UP IN THE UPGRADES.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR REPLYING
        Whizz Shop

Comment

UPGRADE

TO BE HONEST I HAVE HAD BUSINESS 6.13 AND WANTED TO UPGRADE TO BUSINESS 6.14 BUT DOWNLOADED THE CATALOG UPGRADE BY MISTAKE.

IT HAPPENS TO THE BEST OF US THAT WE MAKE SILLY MISTAKES.

I AM SURPRISED THAT THE INSTALLER ALLOWED ME TO INSTAL THE CATALOG OVER THE BUSINESS FILES AND HAD NOT WARNED ME THAT THIS IS NOT THE CORRECT UPGRADE.

I KNOW THE COLOUR IS DIFFERENT BUT THAT JUST SHOWS HOW BRAINDEAD I HAVE BEEN TO MAKE SUCH A MISTAKE.

SO MY OPERATING SYSTEM BROKE DOWN SEVERAL TIMES IN THE PROCESS.

I AM JUST A BIT UPSET THAT THE SOFTWARE ALLOWS ME TO MAKE SUCH MISTAKES.
          Whizz Shop

Comment

upgrade

Thanks for the great tip. I have installed afresh from my disc and imported the snapshot saved and the shop is working again.

I am just wondering whether I need a license key if I upgrade within a version e.g. business 6.0 to business 6.14 or whether that would do for free if I manage to download the right patch this time?

LOL
            Whizz Shop

Comment

No these service patches are free i.e 6.0 to 6.12 to 6.13 to 6.14 etc.
              You will have to pay for the new major releases like 7.0 etc but I think there is an exeception if you have actinic cover.

Comment

upgrade problems

Dear MSO

thank you for the reply. I can see I am not the only one spending Easter on the computer.

I have tried the upgrade again, this time starting afresh from the newly installed shop, recovered from a guaranteed working version.
                Installed up-grade, installed installer for upgrade and it just doesn't work for me.

I have not got script changes and the pearl scripts produced by the upgrade do not merge and produce a working shop for me.

However I would like to say on the positive side I am very impressed with this software's basic version namely that in case of problems I can always reinstall fresh and recover my working shop from a snapshot, which is better then the shop software I used before from a different provider, which was not half as good as this one for reliability.

I am giving up now on trying to upgrade and unfortunately I cannot instal the service provider Nohex into the shop.

I will wait for a new release and rather purhase this and the service package because I cannot get the free up-grade to work.

I tried the repair via settings in the configurations but the result is just that the operating system will completely stall.

I am happy with the original shop version and I am glad I bought Actinic as the basic functionality is excellent. Shame about the up-date.

Let me know if you know how to manually instal the NOCHEX into the payment options.
                Whizz Shop

Comment

can you explain exactly what you did.....

Installed up-grade, installed installer for upgrade

I don't understand " installed installer for upgrade "

everyone else can get 6.1.4 to work, therefore I assume you are doing something wrong!!

The fact you get errors in the perl scripts is indicative of user error...sorry!

Comment

upgrade

Thanks for your reply

it states clearly that you download the patch and if you wish to upgrade the payment service providers you have to use and dowload the provided BusPSpsetup.exe file, which I did.

So you have to run the patch set up and the PSP setup file.

If you could pinpoint the user error I could have done please do try to tell me where I could have gone wrong.

Normally I am quite good in installing all types of script, see my website.
                    Whizz Shop

Comment

Well I don't really know.

It sounds ok what you have done.

Ie from a working 6.1.3

download patch 6.1.4 , double click the exe to install, then upgrade templates etc

then double click PSPset up and install.

Comment

upgrade

Excatly that is what I did

except the installer that comes into force when you try to start the Actinic shop for the first time after the up-grade did not prompt me to upgrade any templates because I did not make changes to those. So it still does not work.

It is puzzling me

I give this one up for the moment unless someone can give me some more clues with their own experiences.
                        Whizz Shop

Comment

There aren't too many things you can do wrong.

1. Actinic 'Catalog' and 'Business' are the same software. It just depends on what license key is used for the site.

2. There are a few posts already about occasional perl problems when doing the upgrade to version 6.1.4. take a look thorugh the previous posts in the V6 support forum.

3. Please only post a problem in one of the forums. Otherwsie it become a mess trying to find out what the problem is and where you've got with it.

Mike
                          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

if you do a search for other thread on 6.1.4 and perl issues make sure you spell perl correctly!!

Comment

I have made a suggestion here: http://community.actinic.com/showthr...&threadid=6659

For your benefit, it is really good to try and avoid posting the same question multiple times as this often dilutes the support you receive from the forum members. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X