HTml site linking to catalog index

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HTml site linking to catalog index

I am designing a Html site for a client selling pda's. I have put in my own side nav menu in the html part of the site and replicated this in the store design. What i need to know is, if i want to have one of my nav buttons ( named "products") to be linked to the catalog index page and also for the nav menu in all the catalog pages to link back to the sections of the html site how do i go about this? Do i have to have already uploaded and generated the website on the server to be able to then get the absolute url? which I would then be able to insert into the relevant link options for each button of the nav menu.
    The link to the temporary design is http://www.firecraka.com/CUSTOMERS/U...site/index.htm you will see the product button on the homepage and all other html pages. I have mocked up the page that it will link to so i could show the client something similar to what they might see in the store.

Appreciate any ideas on this.

Thanks for your time.

Rich Jacob
    firecraka multimedia

I'm not sure I understand your question fully.

All the html pages are named yourdomain/acatalog/xxx.html

where xxx takes the form of index.html (for the homepage) or name.html where 'name' is whatever you entered as the section/product name (with underscores replacing spaces).

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Sorry for the confusing question...

Basically I have already designed the majority of the Website in dreamweaver. Then I begun building the catalog in actinic...which I know now is not the ideal way to do it. So I have ended up needing to link the product button, on all the website pages, to the index page of the catalog.

Hope this explains my situation a bit better.

THanks for your time

rich j

Comment

Nope, I still can't say I understand (but don't worry about it, that's probably just me).

Did I answer your question already or is there something more?

The linking and naming convention is pretty straightforward unless you want customer login and even then there's just a little bit of extra stuff to add in.

Have you looked at the advanced user guide?

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

The best way to integrate catalog is to work the other way around, edit the actinic templates to match your DW design

Comment

Working...
          X