Win 2000 server build - Perl version ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Win 2000 server build - Perl version ?

I'm putting together an Internet facing Win2000 server (IIS5) to run Actinic 6 business. What is the best version of Perl to use ? The Activestate.com site now lists version 5.6.1 and 5.8.0

Also, are there any updated build docs for Actinic on Windows 2000 servers ? The documents in the download section of the Actinic site are 18 months old and a little incomplete.

Some of the suggestions relating to directory permissions are also a little more "relaxed" than I would like !

DC

I know 5.6.1 works well with Actinic so I would receommed this for your W2K server. With regards to permissions, the documents are still current and correct.

NT Server will require 'read, write, execute, delete' permissions in the 'cgi-bin' and 'acatalog' directories for the FTP account user ID (this is what Actinic logs in as when uploading). The acatalog directory also requires the 'IUSER_<servername> internet guest' account (this is the user that the Perl scripts run under) to have access with 'read, write, execute, delete' permissions.

Actinic also requires NTFS file permissions for the CGI-BIN and acatalog directories within IIS of 'read and execute' for 'cgi-bin' and 'read, write, execute' for the 'acatalog' directory.

It may be more 'relaxed' then you would like them, but you will find that it is still a perfectly acceptable level of security for an online server.

Comment

Working...
    X