Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CGI-bin error..

Hi all,

I have uploaded my store design to my server and the catalog works ok, except when i click on checkout, buy now and login...etc.. I get this message

CGI Error
    The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

Can anyone tell me what this means please.

Thanks for your time

Rich Jacob
    firecraka multimedia

Rich,

Have you modified any of the .pl or .pm files for any reason?

I am not sure what component is giving the error message but it seems to suggest that the server side Perl scripts are not correctly building proper HTTP headers - but this could also be due to the setup in the htaccess control file on your site.

Steve

Comment

Hi Rich

Could you tell me who you are hosted with? I have seen this error with fasthost servers, who are using Redhat linux servers? Are you hosting with them?

If you are hosted with Fasthost, then they require you to upload the perlscripts in ASCII mode, as their server are set to upload in Binary. This will bring up the error saying

The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.
      Attach to this post, is a documentation, batch file and an .exe i had written to get around this problem for Fasthost servers. Please read the documentation and following through the instructions

Edit: Also please make sure, once you had done what the documentation say, simply do an update to your site, and everything will work. If you do a full "web | refresh", then you are going to get the same problem, therefore you will need to go through the instructions again

Kind Regards
      Attached Files
      Nadeem Rasool
      SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem,

Yes, we are hosting with fasthosts .

Thanks...I will follow your instructions

Kind regards.

rich jacob
        firecraka multimedia

Comment