Restricting invoicing and ship-to locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restricting invoicing and ship-to locations

Our existing off-line business ships loudspeakers all over the world, mostly to oems and re-sellers.(www.fane-acoustics.com)

We're setting up a linked e-commerce facility, through which we only want to sell to small-scale customers within the UK (at present) (www.okaudio.co.uk)

I'm still configuring my (Business) Catalog, and have run out of steam for finding how to restrict accounts to UK users and UK ship-to locations.

Has anyone been through this and can show me the way?

Hi Adam,

You can make sure that the UK is the only shippable location by ensuring that UK is the only shipping zone in 'Business Settings | Shipping and Handling' and that UK is the only location in the properties of that zone (right-click on zone and select 'Properties').

You will also need to select the 'Do not allow shipping' radio button for 'If shipping band not defined'.

Ben
    Ben Popplestone
    Ecommerce website software

Comment

Thanks Ben,

I can see that your suggestion would work, but I was nervous about deleting locations from here. Can deleted zones be re-instated later? (Once we have our act straight for UK clients)

Comment

Absolutely. Just right-click within the white rectangle there and select 'New Zone'.

Comment

Great - Done
          Thanks to all contributors

Adam

Comment

Working...
          X