Path to CGI Bin Incorrect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Path to CGI Bin Incorrect

I recently transitioned to a new hosting company and reconfigured my online server to "successfully" complete the installation, however, if I attempt to ftp an update to the new host, I receive the following error:

"The path from the cgi-bin to the acatalog directory is not correct.
    It appears as if the acatalog directory does not exist on the remote host.

Possible Cause:
    The path from the cgi-bin to the acatalog directory is not correct.
    The acatalog directory has been
    removed or renamed.
    Recommendation:
    Abort
    Resolution:
    Run the Web | Configure Web Site Details. Check "Confirm Each Setting" and verify that the setup looks correct. Verify that the acatalog directory exists on the web site and is readable by the web server. Then try to refresh the site.

Command: date Filename: "

If anyone can get me out of this - I would be both surprised AND extremely GRATEFUL.

Please help!

Thank you in Advance,

Mark T

Hi Mark,

The problem may be caused by the fact that whilst the desktop configuration files have not changed, there is no longer an acatalog directory on the server with configuration files, as expected, because it is a new server. Does this error also occur when you refresh (Web | Refresh ) the site?

Ben
    Ben Popplestone
    Ecommerce website software

Comment

Path Problems

Ben,

Thank you for responding. It does occur even after refreshing the website. In fact, it will not totally refresh the site for me. Rather, it advises that I have failed to update "a cgi script file" and then indicates I would need to run the configuration again. Since it doesn't complete the refresh, it might not be refreshing any of the files. I know that my cgi-bin is set to 755, which should be correct. Acatalog is set to 777.

Thank you,

Mark T

Comment

Mark,

Is your network settings test successful? If it is, I would advise deleting the .cat files and .fil files in the local site directory (if you are using v5, you will need to delete all .fil files except ActinicSCCode.fil) and then refreshing the site once again.

If the test is not successful, could you export the settings and post them here with the login details removed.
        Ben Popplestone

Comment

Path to CGI-BIN (continued)

Dear Ben,

Thank you for your persistence in this matter. Please note, I have followed your instructions and do get a "successful network setup" confirmation pop-up (complete with confirmation email).

I did as you have advised and received the following error : "The path from the cgi-bin to the acatalog directory is not correct.
          It appears as if the acatalog directory does not exist on the remote host.

Possible Cause:
          The path from the cgi-bin to the acatalog directory is not correct.
          The acatalog directory has been
          removed or renamed.
          Recommendation:
          Abort "

Please note the setup information as you have requested:

HTTP Proxy: direct

FTP Proxy: direct

FTP Server: st08.startlogic.com
          User: **********
          Password: ********
          Path to the CGI-BIN Directory:
          /public_html/cgi-bin/
          Path from the CGI-BIN Directory to the Catalog Directory:
          /public_html/acatalog/

Catalog URL: http://truetape.com/acatalog/

Codebase: ./

CGI-BIN URL: http://truetape.com/cgi-bin/
          Perl Location: /usr/bin/perl
          CGI Script Extension: .pl
          Path from the CGI-BIN Directory to the Catalog Directory (as viewed from the CGI Script):
          ../acatalog/
          CGI Script ID: 1

Mail Server: mail.truetape.com

I am standing by for your further assistance.

Thank you in Advance.

Mark T

Comment

Mark, I'm afraid I can't see what is causing the problem without inspecting the server. Your best bet is to raise a support issue via www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm and the team will take your ftp details and look into it.
            Ben Popplestone

Comment

Working...
            X